All Cops Are Buttheads

100 percent

4 Likes

Felony murder law might apply, with a little stretching. i.e. if anything the accused did was a felony, they can be charged with any (human) deaths that happen in the general vicinity of the crime as a murder. Maybe local flavour of this law includes k9 units.

1 Like
1 Like

Simple Plan Ghosts GIF by CBS

10 Likes

I have so many more emoji’s I’d like to react to this with and I’m annoyed I could only choose one. What a brilliant move by the designer!

6 Likes

So Good Chefs Kiss GIF by Your Happy Workplace

9 Likes

News to me: Get Out Of Jail Free cards not only exist, but they are functional.

WaPo goes out of their way to avoid saying that, yes, this is so obviously corrupt, because…maybe the court will rule otherwise?

No paywall: https://archive.ph/E20UD

5 Likes

I’ve seen them, but they don’t say get out of jail or ticket. They are a bunch of plastic credit card style cards that have various designs (some for actual police members, EMTs, nurses, doctors, chaplains, spouses, etc.). The cards specifically mention that the cardholder needs to abide by the laws, blah blah blah, but I feel like the blah blahs are really wink winks.

7 Likes

Surprised 90 Day Fiance GIF by TLC

4 Likes

Can’t stop crime if cops don’t bother to show up, right? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Randy Cox New Haven police brutality case settled for $45M

10 Likes

How much do municipalities need to pay before they start fixing this shit?
I can’t remember where, but some law enforcement agency wanted to stop using psych evals because too many applicants were getting nixed. Given how incredibly easy it is to pass those (I have seen the test results many times in my former job), this place apparently really wanted to sink a billion into settlements for their officers killing and hurting people

4 Likes

I wish the news headlines, locally, were more clear: “Largest Taxpayer Settlement…”

6 Likes

“Can we fix it without actually changing anything?”

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Sounds like a police force with a real problem.

Other takes on the same thing:

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes