All Cops Are Buttheads

3 Likes

As [deputies] walked toward the home, they fired on a car speeding past them toward the house and shot out two of its tires, sheriff’s officials said. The driver was later identified as a concerned family member. No one was hurt, they said.

Emphasis mine.

Alternative headline for this story: “Clackamas County Sheriff Deputies open fire on victim family member while strolling towards crime scene with a child bleeding out”

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

4 Likes

That’s some twisting into exonerative case

4 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes

In all, 17 Antioch police officers have been named for sending texts that discuss falsifying evidence and beating up suspects, that make racist and homophobic remarks, or that use sexually explicit language.

:sob: :exploding_head: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes
2 Likes

“Officers attempted to initiate the traffic stop after his vehicle was observed to be missing a left rear mud flap.”

From

1 Like

A mud flap? Like, something that’s not legally required? To add insult to injury, of course.

6 Likes

i should think that flaps would be required on a big rig like the one in the story. not so much for mud, as for deflecting rocks that could be thrown into a following vehicle’s windscreen.
but i am not a truck driver.

5 Likes

Seems true.

No person shall drive or operate, or cause to be driven or operated, any commercial car, trailer, or semitrailer, used for the transportation of goods or property, the gross weight of which, with load, exceeds three tons, upon the public highways, streets, bridges, and culverts within this state, unless such vehicle is equipped with suitable metal protectors or substantial flexible flaps on the rearmost wheels of such vehicle or combination of vehicles to prevent, as far as practicable, the wheels from throwing dirt, water, or other materials on the windshields of following vehicles.

Of course, that doesn’t excuse what happened (and you weren’t implying such).

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s a fair point!

6 Likes

Same cop. Possibly one other also involved in both incidents.

2 Likes

What a difference in what it takes for an officer to be finally be charged and fired. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

BBC News - US police officer fired after unleashing dog on black driver

5 Likes

This is even worse than ACAB, it’s ACAB against their own K9s.

Sad Oh No GIF by Hello All

3 Likes

goddammit! where is John Wick?

6 Likes

I cannot understand why there’s such a focus on auto theft (to the point cops are threatening/using lethal force over it). It would be great if they could redirect that energy to catching the folks behind other crimes - like sexual assault and mass shootings.

3 Likes

Given how they treat people whose vehicles have been stolen, which is to say, as if they are bothering them for nothing; I suspect it has nothing to do with car theft itself as much as another excuse to harass people they want to harass.

5 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes