All Cops Are Buttheads

Just read this on Daily Kos and it’s infuriating:

3 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

It’s funny how cops calculate the value of some things they seize, and what really happens to it. Reminds me of this case in PA involving a confiscated wine collection:

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL1N11M2FE/

Rather than allowing for resale with the proceeds going into the budget, the public gets more reports of waste and unethical behavior.

7 Likes

As a new mayoral task force conducts sweeps of hundreds of shops suspected of selling illegal weed, a video of a raid on a Staten Island store obtained by THE CITY captures how enlisting police to conduct regulatory inspections can lead to criminal charges, igniting concerns about potential due process violations.

The 90-second clip taken from a store surveillance camera on May 18 shows seven uniformed law enforcement officers, most of them in NYPD gear, cursing, jumping over the store counter and charging at a shopkeeper after he asked them for a court order before opening the door to the back of the store.

Instead, the man was cuffed – before any unlicensed cannabis products were found – and taken to a local precinct where he was charged with obstruction of justice, records show.

“When a cop tells you to do something, you fucking do it,” one officer told the shopkeeper.

11 Likes

Violations of civil rights need to bring criminal charges or else the Constitution is virtually useless. These cops should be facing prison time for such a knowingly gross violation of the shop owner’s 4th Amendment rights.

I long for the day when the money quote is “When someone tells you to produce a warrant, you fucking do it,” the shopkeeper told one officer.

12 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

12 Likes

that really puts the “panzer” in Wankpanzer, dunnit?
in texass, of course!

this is gonna give “costitutional sheriff” Grady Fucking Judd some pee pee envy. he will hit up gubbener MoRon for two of those!

6 Likes

Hi. Police chases injure and kill a lot of people, many of whom are innocent bystanders, and really don’t seem like they accomplish much of anything.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Anticipate a lot more worker’s comp claims from hand injuries in those departments…

7 Likes

‘tactical response’ Tesla Cybertruck upgrades for police cruisers,

Upgrade? Is it though?

6 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

Finally, a JPSO deputy is convicted of homicide and he only gets probation for it. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Two years ago Daniel Vallee was sitting in his parked SUV minding his own damn business. Officers demanded he get out. When he refused to get out the vehicle, 5 cops surrounded him screaming threats for 15 minutes. For the last few minutes the cops had guns drawn and pointed at him while screaming threats.

Vallee kept telling them he did nothing wrong and he didn’t want to get out because “Y’all trying to shoot me. Y’all trying to shoot me.” When he accidently honked the horn the cop in front of the vehicle shot 18 times. Once the first cop started shooting a second shot 9 more bullets at Vallee. 8 of the 27 bullets hit him and killed him.

The cops combined sentence for murdering someone for sitting in a car while Black will be 3 years probabtion because the judge decided they “are not, in the court’s opinion, bad cops.”

11 Likes
5 Likes

Linda Tirado, Journalist Who Was Half-Blinded in Minneapolis Protests, Enters Hospice Care

Linda suffered a traumatic brain injury during the George Floyd protests when a Minneapolis cop fired a projectile at her—probably a rubber bullet. She lost her eye, and she’s been deteriorating slowly since—and now I guess less slowly. She still has some lucid moments, but they’re becoming more infrequent. Linda received a settlement from Minneapolis, but medical care has eaten through most of it, and she and her husband and two children are struggling to afford palliative care.

11 Likes