All Cops Are Buttheads

An officer shoots an unarmed man and the department releases edited video.

Police did not immediately release the raw footage of the shooting in response to a records request.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes
7 Likes

Did they leave the dog locked in a hot vehicle?

9 Likes

Yes they did.

The investigation is ongoing but is considered an accident at this time.

The Savannah Police Department is currently down to just three officers and Horus was their 4th.

In a statement, the Savannah Police Department thanked its community for their thoughts and prayers as they work through the loss of their partner.

8 Likes

I wish the press would raise public awareness about cases and figures like this, instead of continuing the copaganda that these are rare events:

Of course, the FBI doesn’t include people killed by police in their figures, so what chance do those poor dogs have?

:cry: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes
8 Likes

Sadly, this is a systemic problem at federal and state levels. There should be accountability and charges filed against the guards involved instead of victims having to rely on lawsuits.

6 Likes

For. Sure. The victim-blaming from the TDCJ just makes me :exploding_head:. There is nothing wrong with their grievance process, despite grievances disappearing, and even if there was they have an Ombudsman and the PREA avenue, so nothing is wrong. And blaming staffing difficulties for keeping a possible predator on as a CO in a women’s prison… fuck that. If we can’t afford to staff prisons maybe it’s time to rethink mass incarceration?

6 Likes
11 Likes

More good news on the accountability front:

11 Likes

Damn, that cop shot 3 people to death, all of the incidents including head shots. IOW, he was executing them. He knew exactly what he was doing and absolutely deserves to rot in jail.

9 Likes

A 13-year old boy was killed by police in Utica, NY Friday night. He was a member of the Karen refugee community. (Sorry, can’t post link as a new user)

10 Likes
11 Likes

He had just finished 8th grade.

12 Likes

Technically, this is more about some asshole trying to weaponize the police (I’m guessing a white person)… but…

9 Likes

I so hope some large enough venue ‘owner’ offers their space up for those kids. Maybe the city should step in.

5 Likes
11 Likes

“With this behavior, the defendant seriously damaged the reputation of the country’s police force,” the court said.

It was irrelevant that the cheese was of relatively low value, the court added, saying that it was the officer’s duty to prevent the theft.

I’m confused… so police break the law, and then you hold them accountable? Not when they murder people, though, right?

9 Likes

This was in Germany, not the US.

4 Likes