All five seasons of Samurai Jack are available for free streaming

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/29/all-five-seasons-of-samurai-ja.html

3 Likes

Tartakovsky’s Clone Wars (2003) is high on my list of quality Star Wars content, and Samurai Jack is a masterpiece. I think he’s an absolute genius. Good on Cartoon Network!

8 Likes

giphy

8 Likes

Samurai Jack is, in my opinion, one of the best animated series ever done. If you have not watched this, take the opportunity now to do it.

7 Likes

Kilted Dad loves him some Samurai Jack. RIP Makoto Iwamatsu.

4 Likes

Geo blocked of course. Canadian rights holders are not an altruistic bunch in seems (I am shocked, yes shocked I tell you, to discover this…)

3 Likes

There’s quite a few ways around this, if you care to bother. If you’d like help, toss me a reply or PM here.

1 Like

Season 5 was such a great way to end the series. A little belated but a nice mix of dramatic and silly coming together

1 Like

No doubt you checked out Primal, I assume?

I have not, but I did read about the concept and watched the preview. I don’t spend much time with tv shows or movies but I suspect it’s incredible; did you watch it?

1 Like

It is incredible, but short. Only 5 episodes (so far).

A great combination of pathos and primeval butt-kicking. Tartakovsky really knows how to work on purely visual levels without dialogue or with just sound effects.

Highly recommend it.

If Adult Swim opens it up for pandemic consumption, I’ll check it out. I really admire Tartakovsky. Such commanding style with brilliant flourishes.

1 Like

It looks like Adult Swim allows you to see it for free. But there are ads.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/primal

1 Like

Their page does say “We’ve Unlocked Every Episode So Follow His Journey Again”, but when you actually try to watch anything it says “BLOCKED”. Looks like it’s only available to a few people.

1 Like

I wonder if they’d bring back The Powerpuff Girls. That used to be my chaser after watching Samurai Jack walk off like Dr. Banner at the end of an episode of The Incredible Hulk. :pleading_face: :slightly_frowning_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :laughing:

3 Likes

It’s geoblocked. There are ways around it, if you care to bother.

edit -> Sadly, I’m getting a 500 error on Primal (5 episodes are on AS’s site for anyone to watch) although Samurai Jack seems to be doing fine. That’ll likely be fixed, come Monday, IF anyone is home ^^’.

1 Like

They did, actually, there are three more seasons out there now, from 2016 to 2019

1 Like

Should’ve been more specific…I prefer original recipe cartoon. The voice and plot changes in the reboot seemed like they were going for a different audience. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I love that ‘everyone and their cousin’ is releasing shit for free. Just goes to show, it costs them nothing to release for free, it costs them nothing to hoard content on hard drives. Copyright truly is ridiculous. I say, just put every single thing on a couple different platforms, let em battle over who has the best UI. Got content on there? Get a view, get a nickle. Get popular, get rich!

1 Like

Note: you’ll have to enable commercials (capitalism at its finest: it’s free, so long as you are willing to view commercials for things you literally cannot buy (paper towels ftw).) Sigh. Such a good series, but ever few minutes you have to let the commercials play or it resets to the beginning.

1 Like