All those 2015 Halloween scare stories exposed

I won’t lie. I would change costumes and go back to that house again.

5 Likes

This one should have been obvious:

3 Likes

I wonder what the root of these things are. A lot of this stuff on Halloween feels like religious anti-halloween sentiment. The Church has long tried to eliminate it.

Um… is that, like, a real thing for sale. Cause it looks amazing!

2 Likes

Not the Catholic Church. It’s been an official feast (eve) since A.D. 615, and was celebrated by Catholics for a couple centuries before that, albeit on May 13th. As to the echoes of pagan rituals, the Church has never shied away from (unilateral) syncretism. Here’s a short lay essay on the subject.

If you’re talking about American Bible thumping types, yeah, there might be a connection.

1 Like

I don’t even

What a stupid idea, there’s a difference between “keep your eyes open” and “all strangers are dangerous”.

1 Like

These stories have been going around for decades, and Hallowe’en continues apace. I think big candy isn’t too concerned. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know know…

“Your dad is an asshole” is a tough lesson, but perhaps it’s best to learn it early.

2 Likes

And he succeeded.

Statistically speaking, a kid is much more likely to be harmed by a parent than a stranger.

He must really love his kids to demonstrate this so tangibly and at such personal cost.

1 Like

My fave was the old “Razorblades on the waterslide” story.

1 Like

and have been faked every single time. the most dangerous thing about Halloween is the diabetes.

i threw up in my mouth a little then googled to reassure myself that it was a hoax. why would you even say something like that. :tired_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.