Alligator killed a resident of a golf and yacht community in South Carolina

Originally published at: Alligator killed a resident of a golf and yacht community in South Carolina | Boing Boing

2 Likes

My sympathy is with the alligator.

19 Likes

So I really want to believe that life is a gift and if monism is right, everyone else is just me* (it’s universal consciousness, all the way down) pushed out. But I hear “golf and yacht community” and I think “…no great loss.”

I guess I’m just not doing this spirituality thing right.

14 Likes

Some alligator just took “eat the rich” to heart. Can’t blame the good scaly boi. (And if the inhabitants of the “Golf and Yacht” community aren’t rich, they clearly aspire to be.)

16 Likes

Excalaber Ct

Confused Watching Tv GIF by Gogglebox Australia

9 Likes

Can we give the alligator another chance and relocate him to mar-a-lago?

29 Likes

Ahhhh, you beat me to it.

6 Likes

He clearly has a taste for republicans

8 Likes

So its best to nip them in the bud…to be sure and to be sure.

4 Likes

It’s macabre but fitting that we are experiencing so much Schadenfreude, as the victim was a resident and not one of the many people hired to keep such residents living such cushy lives. I think it’s because because said residents would hardly feel any sympathy if a groundskeeper were to have suffered such a fate.

11 Likes

This place doesn’t look all that toney. Lots of units for sale in the $300-400K range.

“Although we no longer have an on-site golf course or yacht club, both of these activities are located within a few miles of our community. We are centrally located near Myrtle Beach and Surfside Beach where our residents can easily enjoy the beaches, restaurants, shopping, golf and shows.”

5 Likes

I bet the HOA is drafting a letter of reprimand and fining the alligator.

3 Likes

if you want to live and play where the alligators live and play, you may find out one day what alligators like to eat.

5 Likes

Crackers? /s

6 Likes

“Local SC resident responds to home invasion with lethal force. Authorities, citing the Castle Doctrine, have announced no charges will be brought against the resident.”

4 Likes

I can only summon a :woman_shrugging: for the snack, and some sadness for the reptile.

1 Like

What a horrible way to die and how horrible for the various witnesses. It sounds like numerous people saw it happen. That’s surely going to stick with them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.