Almost Famous cast and creators reunite for 20th anniversary podcast series

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/18/almost-famous-cast-and-creator.html

3 Likes

What unexpected news, this is genuinely one of my favorite movies. Definitely will be keen on listening to this :slight_smile:

8 Likes

6 Likes

They got the subtitles wrong!

11 Likes

tenor

3 Likes

i love this movie so much. can’t wait to hear this podcast. :two_hearts: :heart:

3 Likes

I’ve never even come close to being almost famous, but have played in a number of bands over the years. As such, most of my favorite movies are band related. This one is near the top, probably being right below The Commitments only because that one is all too relatable for me (plus it has a great soundtrack).

3 Likes

Love this movie so much.

4 Likes

I’ve never been able to get myself to watch this movie.

This is entirely due to the UK DVD cover/streaming promo picture, which makes it look like some hideous Lolita-esque titillation flick.

Exhibit A.

Yeah the version i’ve seen here in the US is this one:

Having seen the movie i can say that the UK version is deceiving but it does give you some idea of the plot of the movie in a roundabout poorly done way. The US version would give someone that’s never seen it absolutely nothing to go off of. I prefer the US version but i wish there was a version that was more descriptive of the movie, maybe a shot of the band members in their tour bus or the band performing. Either way if you ever get the opportunity to see it you really should give it a chance, it’s a very heartfelt movie.

2 Likes

Yeah the movie was a financial flop, so apparently they had to resort to a few seedier techniques to try to get their money back…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.