Alphabet's Eric Schmidt calls Trump "evil"

“Don’t be Trump” would be a good motto too.

5 Likes

So Schmidt knows and admits the Traitor in Chief is evil, but he can get even richer under this regime so he doesn’t care. Typical Republinazi. Who gives a damn about law, rights, due process, the environment, education, ethics, morals, human decency, or the lives of millions of people who will suffer and die because the country is in the hands of a childish, egomaniacal, psychopathic monster who cares about nothing but wealth and power, as long as there’s money to be made. There is a place for people like Schmidt - it’s called Antenora.

No, you can damn well look it up for yourself.

2 Likes

People have been so afraid to use words like “evil” for such a long time, even when it’s perfectly appropriate.

3 Likes

No need to; thanks.

2 Likes

Maybe collecting everything on everyone and storing it forever and ever is not looking like such a wise move now, eric? I’d like to know the views of those politicians who support the collection of all your data when there’s no longer a benign government in power, something a hell of a lot of privacy advocates have been warning for years.

Oh and a bonus read to make you feel doubleplus worse…

2 Likes

I keep thinking this. As a Californian (and knowing how much food we grow in this state), keep thinking “hmm… if everybody gets deported, then maybe I’ll start seeing white folks hunched over in the fields picking strawberries?”. Extend that thought up into the central valley where the bulk of the agriculture happens, and…

Didn’t happen in Georgia. Turns out white people didn’t want those jeorbs. (And the chain gangs they tried weren’t any good at them.)

5 Likes

Hmm… Weird. I thought there’d be a clamoring for all those freed up jobs by Tea Party folks (they do seem to always be saying that “they’re taking our jobs”…

Better prepare for $15 apples folks…

2 Likes

Why are CEO’s so FUCKING stupid?

Whatever merit a zillionaire might have had at one point in their life, their genius per dollar of economic power is nonexistent, and the life of the zillionaire separates them from reality. At the end, they only have econonic and market power. There’s no effective genius any more.

Eric Schmidt began well ahead of the Resident Rump in genius, but isn’t much ahead of the Loaned Mogul in disconnection from reality.

3 Likes

Better prepare for $15 apples folks…

Even a quintupling of wages/costs wouldn’t cause that. Doubling wages in a McShit, for example, would not double the cost of a Big Mac. That’s simply not how the algebra of inputs and outputs works.

Now, if the entire supply chain of McShit paid a living wage, a Big Mac would be a few times more expensive. And no one would buy them because taco trucks are much, much better.

4 Likes

[quote=“Menotyou, post:22, topic:94052”]
Typical Republinazi.[/quote]
Donor to ActBlue, Ron Wyden, the DNC and the DCCC, FWIW. OK, also to Chuck Grassley, John Thune, and Lisa Murkowski. Whatever he is, I think he’s not typical.

facetious number pulled out of my ass to be honest… Not meant to be taken as an actual projection.

Point was merely that if you magically deport all the illegal agricultural workers, only to find that wow, the tea partiers really don’t want the jobs as they currently are, and are demanding at least minimum wage, health benefits, etc…, then the cost of the product will increase significantly.

People want relatively cheap food, but that comes at a cost. A cost I suspect that the tea party folks won’t be willing to pay by personally rallying to fill positions emptied by illegal Mexican laborers who would theoretically be deported.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.