Alternate version of the Knight Rider theme tune

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/08/28/alternate-version-of-the-knigh.html

7 Likes

CheapFastBarebirdbat-max-1mb

5 Likes

Rob, I would watch this. In a heartbeat. Someone greenlight this or crowdfund this asap.

13 Likes

12 Likes

Holy crap, yes! That’s freaking genius!

3 Likes

ya got nothin

4 Likes
9 Likes

I love this.
And not because I´m German. Seriously, there is no truth in it that David Hasselhoff is exeptional popular here. Well he is popular and he was in german celebrity Big Brother and I did own a CD of him at one point, BUT THAT MEANS NOTHING!!!

10 Likes

My neighbour was a stuntman on the original series. Drove the cars up on two wheels and did some ramp to ramp scenes. He is significantly shorter than Hasselhoff and looked absolutely absurd in the wig!

5 Likes
3 Likes

I’m still trying to get over the conceit of Team Knight Rider. Like, they actually called themselves “Team Knight Rider” in the show, even though the words “Knight Rider” were never actually spoken in the titular original series.

That would be like if the characters in “Star Trek: The Next Generation” actually introduced themselves as “The Next Generation of Star Trek!” whenever they met a new alien species.

3 Likes

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

4 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

Aye, the idea has some serious merit.

O_o

2 Likes

KITT. Come home. All is forgiven.

– Uncle Cy

8 Likes

Both shows were created by Glen A. Larson. He really liked that back-and-forth-scanner effect.

6 Likes

What’s not to like?

2 Likes

Man, you had me at Grace Jones.

3 Likes

I was really hoping the other version had Hasselhoff singing some lyrics for it.