Amazing chase: Florida man escapes police with stolen cop car, crashes, steals second cop car

Pretty much the gist of this video on how to escape the cops: Do unexpected things & drive a cop car.

1 Like

I saw a documentary about that once.

13 Likes

Note to self:
Next time I pull a bank heist and choose to steal a police car to get away, choose one with no apparent mechanical problems. Don’t be a Florida Man…
Also, always remember the old adage to lose a trailing cop… three lefts and a right… three lefts and a right.

1 Like

Staged before a live studio audience.

1 Like

Eh, it looks like they (surprisingly) successfully deployed a spike strip on the second car, and then the “perp” just drove it to the rims, hence the smoking trail. It didn’t have “pre-existing conditions” as a vehicle.
But speaking of imaginary heist scenarios, I bet if he’d managed to get a LEO coat and hat and purposefully but not hurriedly walked to that 2nd car, they wouldn’t even have noticed him until he’d already pulled away…maybe not even until a few minutes after.
A reminder to us all: if you don’t act suspicious, you don’t look suspicious.
Well, unless you’re a POC, usually…
Anyway, I’m glad this guy didn’t end up executed in the chase. The cops were inept in many ways, but at least they didn’t outright murder the guy. Yet.

5 Likes

All police vehicle models should have push button starters and the keys are in their possession all the time.

If I’m analyzing this for the Florida police, I’m asking what would have happened if the spike strips hadn’t worked. That led to a peaceful resolution without any further injuries, but what if that hadn’t happened? What would they have done next?

I’m impressed that they blocked on-ramps in the path of Florida man, so that other civilian cars wouldn’t get caught up in the getaway.

1 Like

Me, too, but in the same way I’m impressed when a field surgeon puts on a tourniquet after accidentally severing the femoral artery… :wink:

1 Like

…while checking the patient’s blood pressure…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.