Amazing chase: Florida man escapes police with stolen cop car, crashes, steals second cop car

These cops are really keystone…
What is the fist safety lesson about your car… dont leave it unlocked and the keys in it…

6 Likes

Where are you getting that from? The article I read said that the suspect is currently being detained in the county jail without bail and is being charged with nine crimes. The fact that this chase ended without bloodshed or unnecessary violence is something we should all be happy about.

8 Likes

“Swerve and protect” is chef’s kiss.

4 Likes

Black/brown man would have been dead… and not after he stole the second one… probably before managing to steal the first.

Edit: my bad… he was black/brown :man_facepalming: well then, I suppose we need to ask the question “why is he not dead?” Is this police force training, a racially homogeneous area where cops aren’t spastically afeared of dark people, recent developments in police shootings, etc? I struggle to imagine that Florida has a “woke” police force…

3 Likes

Florida man

6 Likes

I’m sure a cursory Google search will find a number of cases with bystander fatalities

3 Likes

That was very surprising, I really expected the perp to be pasty white.

7 Likes

My favorite part was after he stole the 2nd car, a voice over the radio says, “Anyone else dealing with him, lock your doors.”

9 Likes

good thing bystanders never get hurt when cops start shooting at people :confused:

5 Likes

I presume that small drones will start to replace expensive helicopters, and then the police will be able to hang right back and follow the suspects home* safely.

*That reminded me of “Follow the Cops Back Home”, so I went off to youtube for a Placebo fix. :hugs:

3 Likes

Because this is the most fun those cops have had in years.

5 Likes

What are you talking about? Cape Canaveral is just a few miles away!

Space Rocket GIF by NowThis

17 Likes

Bunches always show up for the Big Rodeo… the reason why they signed up.

4 Likes

I am reminded of this most unfortunate willy-nilly shoot-out by Miami cops that killed bystanders as well as the poor, innocent UPS driver who was hijacked:

my thoughts, exactly. GTA Vice City taught me everything I need to know about driving South Beach, Miami Beach and Biscayne; to wit - just don’t go there. Fuck Miami. the less I visit the mainland, the better!

8 Likes

“Lock the doors… take your keys.” (Standard 1970s Auto Safety Advice)

What are they teaching at cop school these days?

2 Likes

I’m always surprised when I find a cop car pulled up, engine running, no cops in sight. (The “cops over there” variant, I get, but sometimes they’re just nowhere to be seen.) Now, I’m not bulletproof and I got appointments to keep so I can’t be stealing cop cars and doing a runner, so I don’t try the doors, but I think a lot of cops get used to thinking of official vehicles as immune to stealin’.

1 Like

Sometime in the early 90s a police car was stolen from right out in front of a great big building in downtown Detroit. Broad daylight, even. A cop told me about it as we stood talking outside that very building.

1 Like

Plus you automatically gets a shotgun whenever you steal a police cruiser.

6 Likes

My thoughts exactly. As he gets into the second car, cops have guns trained on him and he drives off without them shooting. My first though is “he must be white”. Skip forward to the end and he turns out to be black and not dead! I am amazed!

3 Likes

“And try not to lock the keys in the car this time.”

3 Likes