Amazing compilation of inline skate tricks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/23/amazing-compilation-of-inline-skate-tricks.html

I spent a lot of my late teens and early 20’s on inline skates with my pals. We’d cruise all over campus late into the night. The campus was well-paved, well-lit, and was mostly closed to traffic. Best of all, there were tons of little benches and rails to do tricks like these. I am too old and out of practice to dare try such stunts at this point but those videos sure do bring back good memories! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

This gives me so much nostalgia growing up in the 90’s and skating almost every day with my roller blades or getting on my bike. I was never motivated enough to learn tricks, but a lot of my friends were pretty good and seeing this video is pretty impressive how much fine/precise control one can get with inline skates while doing tricks. I’ve never understood why inline skates get a lot of ridicule compared to skateboards, i never saw it as a fad… i loved every moment i put on my skates.

3 Likes

Very cool. Inline skating is kinda like roller rinks. Intellectually I know it’s still around but I’ve forgotten it and mostly think of it as a thing from 25 years ago. Then stuff like this shows up and I’m reminded that there’s people doing rad stuff out there still.

2 Likes

It still makes me shake my head a little bit every time they grab their feet. That skate isn’t going anywhere!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.