Amazon and eBay ban confederate merchandise

And given the intellects in question, we’re likely to see a lot of 78% complete Confederate flags.

4 Likes

That feminists and curmudgeons mix like oil and water?

2 Likes

in the time i’ve been a BoingBoing lurker, i’ve been able to gather that women’s issues are near and dear to your heart. I would say you are absolutely included in that compliment. @Medievalist can speak for himself if need be.

1 Like

And devils advocates are the emulsifier.

1 Like

the road to hell, etc etc…

Hell is cold, bland, and monochromatic.

1 Like

I too have been to New Hampshire.

6 Likes

Soooo… Does that make me xantham gum or satanic gelatin? If you say agar you will roux the day.

3 Likes

I like Citrus. :wink:

1 Like

You characterize my comments that way, but that’s because we don’t use the same metaphors or prototypes in our conceptual models of reality, and you are unwilling to grant any legitimacy to my actual point of view.

You refuse to understand it, so I will spare us both the frustration. We can always just go back and read each others’ comment histories if we want to rehash old battles.

Nonetheless, you are clearly a very intelligent and well-read individual and I often gain insight from your posts. I absolutely did mean to compliment you (among others) when I said there were smart people here!

4 Likes

Cool beans then, and thanks for the reply.

But it’s not that I don’t understand it, it’s just – meh, yes, better to let that frustration lie than to kick it awake again.

6 Likes

@milliefink @Medievalist

i like it here. :relaxed:

4 Likes

One thing I’m bemused by is the sudden reverence for the United States (“How dare those Rebels reject our holy Union…expunge them and their history!”) among Americans who otherwise show nothing but disdain for flags and patriotism and the Constitution. For the moment it is be politically useful to act the patriot, but only until those dastardly Southerners are culturally cleansed. Then we will see a return to form…the Constitition is just dead white man propaganda, time to ditch it, etc.

And I’m not just talking about BB, although some here fit the bill.

When I criticize the U.S. it’s not because I hate it. To the contrary, it’s because I dearly hope that some day, the U.S. will start living up to the principles stated in its founding documents and supposedly represented by its flag.

7 Likes

Why did they rebel? To perpetuate slavery. Fuck em.

3 Likes

You’re all rebels to me.

9 Likes

12 Likes

5 Likes

Today Apple removed all civil war games from the app store because they contain confederate flags.

Pride, demonstrated by the waving of a symbol of a losing treasonous army?

Not quite sure how that demonstrates pride, or self-awareness.

3 Likes