Amazon just saved Batman: Caped Crusader after HBO Max cut it loose

Originally published at: Amazon just saved Batman: Caped Crusader after HBO Max cut it loose | Boing Boing

1 Like

I swear, one day I’m going to become a powerful Hollywood mogul and I’m going to take a cherished IP and “reinvent” the fuck out of it to the point of making it unrecognizable, if only to stroke my own inflated ego and keep my name on the main page of TMZ (something other than gun charges for a change).

It will be such a brutal adaptation that even the folks applauding the current trend of canon-bending gender and ethnic reimagining will be horrified. I’m also going to hire the creative team behind ‘Bum Flights’ to oversee the project, only to fire them once I have studio funding. Coupled with an insecure lead actor and Saudi producers… this can’t fail !!!

My concept of confining Batman to an iron lung for the entirety will bring a new dimension to a beloved classic and I don’t care what the fans, major studios or my mother has to say about it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.