The Discovery and Warner Brothers merger bears twisted fruit with the Barbie Dreamhouse Challenge

Originally published at: The Discovery and Warner Brothers merger bears twisted fruit with the Barbie Dreamhouse Challenge | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Let the enshittification accelerate

Dropping the HBO brand seems like a clear signal
And what are the odds they put a + plus at the end or an i prefix in front of Max
Shades of the Boeing and McDonald-Douglas merger
Bigger and shinier but overall worse from the everyman perspective

https://pluralistic.net/2023/01/21/potemkin-ai/#hey-guys

3 Likes

“We’re going to turn this house into an unlivable eyesore to promote a movie! Don’t you want to watch this trainwreck?” (If that weren’t basically the premise of at least half these home makeover shows to begin with, it might be more tempting.)

Everything I read about the HBO/Max/Plus/Discovery/Whatever makes me think the whole thing just isn’t serious. Constantly changing the name and dropping content… every act seems designed to confuse and alienate audiences.

3 Likes

Trying to keep up with the mess of streaming services and who carries what movies/shows feels like a real-life farcical mega-capitalist version of “we’ve always been at war with eastasia”.

5 Likes

Surely IMAX is taken?

2 Likes

Scared Halloween GIF by Jin

ie: NO thank you.

Yo ho ho me hearty?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.