Amazon sold fake "leaked" copy of hyped new UFO memoir

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/05/amazon-sold-fake-leaked-copy-of-hyped-new-ufo-memoir.html

4 Likes

:alien: The aliens/deep state/lizard people are trying to hide the truth by flooding Amazon with fake books (either that or Amazon is a terrible company that fails to do even the most basic fraud protection and relies on it’s customers to police its offerings).

5 Likes

Making fools out of people who would buy the real book is the best use of AI I’ve heard of yet. Of course, it’s also like shooting fish in a barrel. But still, I applaud this usage.

2 Likes

This is what the folks in the UFO community call “synchronicity”… today i have been listening to a UFO themed episode in the Oh No Ross & Carrie podcast. They interview an expert and he gives his analysis and thoughts on the famed “tic tac” UFO and the topic at large.

3 Likes

Lot of weird stuff like this on Amazon.

I was curious if there was a novelization of the movie Furiosa, or a book about the Making Of, or whatever. Some official release.

What i found is this
https://www.amazon.com/Furiosa-Unleashed-Furiosas-Rebellion-Redemption/dp/B0CV4G9XHD/

Which appears to be 100% A.I. generated gibberish, though I’m not paying $10-$20 to find out for sure.

1 Like

A pet project favor for former Senate leader Harry Reid. I wonder if the military sees these as an opportunity to transfer the wingnuts?

2 Likes

I’m shocked Amazon allowed this through the review process because the author doesn’t match the title and it clearly is copyright infringement.

Then again, they probably get so much stuff on KDP that it’s hard to catch it all.

1 Like

They’re quite aware considering that they turn a blind eye to counterfeits of other products as well. Makes shopping on Amazon way more annoying than it needs to be.

5 Likes

Bad knockoffs have been around for ages. Just look at all the movie rip-offs. Why anyone would make a worse copy of Battleship is beyond me.

2 Likes

Any profit made is still a profit.

3 Likes

giphy

4 Likes

It could be labeled as Implicit Fiction

2 Likes

I tought it was something related to old metal bands…

1 Like

That’s what most autobiographies should be classified as.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.