Pentagon to release more UFO findings

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/24/pentagon-to-release-more-ufo-f.html

4 Likes

I went to grad school in Socorro and never heard of this incident until I moved back to the east coast. Not disputing the validity, I guess it just got overshadowed by the VLA and the Trinity Site.

5 Likes

I lived in nearby Alamogordo as a child and the only UFO I ever saw was the blood in my face from a horned lizard. Really didn’t see it coming.

8 Likes

Yee haw! It’s pedal to the metal to Crazytown.

2 Likes

2hp1h1

15 Likes

22 Likes

i-will-take-you-to-our-leader-you-take-him-17119026

35 Likes

That was one of the funnier bits in recent SNL history.

4 Likes

Spoiler Alert: We dunno what they are.

6 Likes

I guess someone’s about to publish a new UFO book and is trying to goose enthusiasm for the subject. Nothing new here. Nothing physical ever produced but fordite and foundry slag. Sucks that the NYT seems to have a boner for this subject and allows these authors to continue their Mulder cosplay.

6 Likes

Professor Jonathan Kipping of Columbia University’s astronomy lab had an interesting interview with someone who has some very plausible and dare I say, pedestrian explanations for the military footage that’s been released recently;

4 Likes

Eric W. Davis, an astrophysicist who worked as a subcontractor and then a consultant for the Pentagon U.F.O. program since 2007, said that, in some cases, examination of the materials had so far failed to determine their source and led him to conclude, “We couldn’t make it ourselves.”

and so, where are these “samples” now?

4 Likes

“Or just eat him. Whatever”

4 Likes

In today’s technological and cultural climate it’s impossible to keep a “secret” but it’s easy to hide it in plain sight by drowning it out with bullshit and nonsense. Basically, nobody is going to believe anything the Pentagon says about UFO’s, so there is no reason for them to tell the truth or to conceal it.

3 Likes

Thanks Tom.

1 Like

Area 51?

5 Likes

7 Likes

show me – I want to believe

1 Like

9 Likes

Leaving aside that Eric W. Davis is a bit, er… fringe, having spent much of his career doing “parapsychology” work (studying totally-not-an-obvious-fraud Uri Geller, for instance)*, even if that statement’s true, that it was something “we couldn’t make ourselves” that really just means the US (or even just he) couldn’t make it. It assumes that if Americans couldn’t make it, no one could. It’s the same premise as the “Ancient Aliens” nonsense, which is: “If Europeans didn’t do that, at that point in time, obviously no one else could either.”

This whole thing, all these “revelations,” leave me totally underwhelmed.

*Although this diagram by Davis about wormholes done apparently as part of his US government consulting, showing dinosaurs meeting Albert Einstein, is a thing of beauty:

8 Likes