"Ambushed" cop actually shot himself

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/25/ambushed-cop-actually-shot-himself.html

3 Likes

So when will his intentional discharge take place?

I’ll wait.

24 Likes

Around 11:50 p.m. Sunday night, Goulart, who was on duty, reported that he had been shot, according to Basco. He was transported to a local hospital where he was treated and released.

That would also make it an accidental nocturnal discharge.

22 Likes

So his story is all wet, and the ambush was just a dream.

24 Likes

It was declared accidental because otherwise they’d have to charge the cop who shot him with assault, and you know they’d never do that.

24 Likes

Antifa made him do it.

21 Likes

AMAZED he didn’t blame it on a black guy

6 Likes

So if I understand correctly, the dumbass accidentally shot himself, and tried to cover it up by claiming that he was ambushed by unknown assailants?

Guess all that weapons training didn’t help?

13 Likes

I’m saying 85% chance he was practicing some “quick draw” stuff.

15 Likes

One accidental shot I believe. But not two.

1 Like

So the story is he accidentally discharged his weapon TWICE? That doesn’t pass the smell test either…

3 Likes

The second shot hit his car, presumably an intentional one to add to his made up ambush story after he accidentally shot himself

9 Likes

Undoubtedly he was starring in his own heroic fantasy, and, well, it ended badly.

4 Likes

Ah, but that can happen. There are a couple methods that you can do a negligent discharge twice.

I have seen footage of shooters doing non-intentional two trigger pulls. They pull the trigger and then their reflexes kick in and they pull again. This can lead to range accidents because the 2nd shot usually is not under control.

So, not sure WTF he was doing, but if the first shot hit his leg, he could have tightened his grip and pulled again from being startled/shocked, and with the muzzle flip, shot his car.

There is also examples of doing something with your left hand that your right hand does too, unintentionally. So grabbing something with your left hand, can make your right hand tighten and pull the trigger - which is why now they teach keeping it off the trigger.

3 Likes

Perhaps he missed?

5 Likes

It’s a seminal event.

7 Likes

Yeah, not a good idea.

1 Like

Luckily there were no black witnesses around to shoot dead first, then interrogate, then arrest for remaining silent during questioning.

4 Likes

Gosh, now why is it that people question stuff the police say? I mean they are paragons of truth , justice and the American way, right?

Well, one out of three ain’t bad… except that the “American way” is not quite the positive thing it’s always been made out to be.

4 Likes

Remember this one…

I felt bad for this guy at the time, and still do. He was trying to share some sense with schoolkids, give back, educate, whatever. But my god, that comic timing:

“I’m the only one in this room professional enough who can carry this Glock whatsis”
BANG
shoots self in foot

4 Likes