Americans are coronavirus panic-buying spiral hams and oatmilk

At this point I should give up and wait in the dark for somebody to stumble by but I would be nervous to eat them due to coronavirus.

6 Likes

Aren’t there any XXL broil-in-bags? /s

3 Likes

Dammit! it’s gonna take 3 weeks to get those from amazon.

2 Likes

It’s in the shape of a full ham, still on the bone (so looks good set on the table), but it’s also pre-sliced. So if you’re feeding a crowd, you don’t have to do the work of slicing it (and the slices are more consistent than you can easily do yourself).

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned here is that people may be stocking up on Easter supplies. Since Easter moves around, there’s probably a year-to-year change like this every year.

3 Likes

All true. And so delicious!

Plus, you can hold onto one end of the spiral, throw the ham off a bridge, and watch the ham uncoil as it falls.

That’s the theory, anyway – I always break down and eat the ham before the experiment begins.

2 Likes

I think you may have stumbled upon a great genre-crossing movie plot: global pandemic meets horror meets cooking show…

4 Likes

Or just a tv show. Someone locked inside during a pandemic, so cooking up a storm, but the cousin stuck inside is renovating the kitchen at the same time.

Or a scene out of the Scorcerer’s Apprentice, the food keeps coming out of boredom, but not enough people to eat it all.

Someone my sister knows offered to go shopping, so I’ve ended up with 10KG of flour, so I can churn out baked goods now, no worrying about running out. And I remembered a bin in the basement, so I have an awful lot of dried soybeans.

If only the chocolate and soda situation was better.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.