Americans party like there's no pandemic

One day I hope to die of communism…

5 Likes

We’ve got hoards of selfish fuckheads here in Michigan. I haven’t heard of any super-spreader events in my county since August, but I suppose that’s because my county is a “blue bubble”. :disappointed:

13 Likes

The number of Americans killed fighting for their right to party is about to surpass the number of Americans killed fighting World War II.

20 Likes

Ha! Someone else saw all this mess and turned it into a sensible business opportunity! It’s in the same area as the jerk’s place.

9 Likes

Meanwhile, back in the U.S…

10 Likes

“tonight we’re going to party like it’s 1347”. (Party lay popularized by mid-14th century minstrels.)

4 Likes

At least we’ve achieved Herd Stupidity.

9 Likes

I’d go so far as to say that, based on the number of high-ranking Democratic officials who have been caught flouting their own mandates to avoid indoor gatherings or long-distance travel, they’ve done nothing to stop it because they’re as much a part of the problem as the Republicans. Everybody in the rarefied air of upper-echelon politics is drinking from the same punch bowl these days, and like the rest of the economy, there is no trickle-down from it.

(This is not to say that both sides are equally bad, Republicans are absolutely worse on this and every other issue by a country mile or twenty, but Democrats keep ceding the moral high ground to Republicans, who vocally and publicly don’t want restrictions, whenever they violate the ones that they themselves put into place.)

13 Likes

Friendly fire isn’t.

2 Likes

Americans Party Like There’s No Pandemic

i-am-angry-hate-you-gif-22

11 Likes
9 Likes

Yes. the democrats are the REAL problem right now, not the checks notes white supremacist party actively undermining any attempt to stop a raging pandemic. /s

17 Likes

Obligs:

9 Likes

I don’t know; I figure most of us are (or should be) in bed by now.

5 Likes

Already hit that Thanksgiving bump starting a day before projections on December 1st here in Massachusetts.

And the numbers continue to climb.

5 Likes

Young Republicans do their part for free-dumb.

As many of us will recall from college, being an entitled arsehole is a requirement for joining that club.

12 Likes

caitlin-doughty-oh-nooooo

12 Likes

Ah, yes. The noble Nights Exemplars. /s

10 Likes

Follow-up story. Maybe he can get Rudy to represent him (oh wait…)

10 Likes

Some of the estimated 700 students who watched the Senate make its decision on a Zoom broadcast began using abusive language in the live chat, and a few broke into audio feed with insults before they were cut off

Expel them, right then and there.

Seriously, normally I would say university students are adults and taking away their break just means you don’t trust them to behave like responsible adults, which is ridiculous. But the reaction clearly shows that they can’t be trusted to behave like that so it was clearly the right decision.

5 Likes