Americans will eat 1 billion Peeps this Easter. A California lawmaker wants to ban them

Originally published at: Americans will eat 1 billion Peeps this Easter. A California lawmaker wants to ban them | Boing Boing

7 Likes

There you go again, generalizing about an entire country. I’d say no more than 50% of Americans at most should be banned.

27 Likes

We have peeps in the house for decoration but we’re definitely not eating them.

7 Likes

When thinking of Peeps, the first color to come to mind is not pink.

18 Likes

Let’s see what the jury says…

20 Likes

I fixed it.

17 Likes

recall sampling a peep for the first time not that long ago and being shocked (shocked) that except for sweet they were rather tasteless…

Ingredients include sugar, corn syrup, gelatin, potassium sorbate and natural flavors. There is also an ingredient that could be a little head-scratching — carnauba wax. You may be familiar with it from your car wax. In Peeps, the carnauba wax gives the chicks’ eyes that glossy sheen. site

i dunno, thought there’d be a dash of vanilla or benzaldehyde or something… [shrug]

9 Likes

Separately, I’m having a lot of fun with Bing Image Creator on this.

Edit: Used the wrong word in the name of the AI package.

19 Likes

Arrakis, Desert Planet, Dune.

12 Likes

They may sell over a billion peeps, but I guarantee most of them are not eaten.

10 Likes

“12 Angry Bunnies”

4 Likes

They’re the only confection that improves with age. Right about now is the time to bust open last year’s peeps.

9 Likes

Peeps flavor…

Vomit Barf GIF

7 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Food Eating GIF by Pusheen

13 Likes

What do you think goes into these?

4 Likes

Tears and regret?

10 Likes

Remember- you needs to dry age your Peeps before eating them. One or two days; depending on preference.

8 Likes

I already do that with big marshmallows. I love crunchy marshmallows!

5 Likes