Americans will eat 1 billion Peeps this Easter. A California lawmaker wants to ban them

" Americans will eat 1 billion Peeps this Easter."

Why? Just … why?

5 Likes

Dry aged you say?

8 Likes

This will not affect me at all. I’m 54 and I’ve never eaten a Peep in my life and I have no desire to change that.

7 Likes

6 Likes

blink

I may need those.

We got some of the chocolate dipped ones. They were horrible. Bad cheap chocolate*, marshmallow was different taste and texture than I remember.

* Yeah, there’s some cheap chocolate I don’t mind. Palmer Chocolate Easter Bunnies, Symphony Bars. I know they’re objectively pretty bad chocolate, but I happen to like them :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

right?! same for me at 60.
those things… they’re just not right (sez me).

7 Likes

That’s horrible. Well done.

10 Likes

What was the prompt for that? JoJo Peep Rabbit?

3 Likes

Something, something Wes Anderson…

2 Likes

gawd i love the smell of exploding peeps in the morning!

9 Likes

Ah, you mean the “Stool Pigeon” (that is currently on the stand.)

5 Likes

Bleh - not a Palmer’s fan.

That was the factory that just blew up on Pennsylvania the other week!

For chocolate covered marshmallow, I love fresh Russel Stovers item - their shapes changing on the season.

As for red dye, I just saw a thing about how Mexican harvesters of an insect for a natural red dye are slowly closing up shop. Maybe they will get a boost in the future?

1 Like

Just wrong. Every state. So very wrong.

5 Likes

Peeps don’t even rate a mention.Which begs the question, who’s eating 1 billion peeps? And where?

4 Likes

Not people who order on instacart!

3 Likes

Going with Easter Island.

9 Likes

The peeper has awakened.

3 Likes

I had no idea they made Hot Tamale Peeps. I guess it makes sense given that besides peeps Just Born makes Hot Tamales and Mike & Ikes.

1 Like

I had to use that as a prompt

and after “make it more marshmallow”

9 Likes

Thank you! I wanted to do so, but was waitlisted. I love the sand worm peep! I’ll keep trying for my Paul Atreides/Peep mashup.

2 Likes