Pepsi and Peeps collaborate on Easter sugar shock

Originally published at: Pepsi and Peeps collaborate on Easter sugar shock | Boing Boing

1 Like

So… Peepsi?

21 Likes

9 Likes

I like Peeps, and Pepsi is ok, but this… no. Just no.

3 Likes

Not calling it Peepsi is the greatest mistake since s’more-flavored Oreos weren’t called s’mOreos. What the hell is wrong with the people marketing sugar delivery systems?

19 Likes

So won’t this just taste extra-sugary?

What else could it possibly be? I suppose the other options are: they took away the normal flavorings, so it was just sugar flavored, or some sort of artificial vanilla flavor?

I actually gagged reading this.

2 Likes

If Pepsi manages to replicate the vaguely-stale marshmallow flavor of Peeps I’ll be impressed, but not enough to actually buy any of it.

3 Likes

Vaguely stale? You gotta try them fresh when they are soft and gooey before they have a chance to get stale.

1 Like

I only eat peeps for the marshmallow texture and nostalgia. If I must drink something full of simple sugars, I think I’ll stick with Jones cream soda (tastes like cotton candy) or some ginger beer

4 Likes

“After what has been a very difficult year, many consumers are looking for new things to smile about.”
Agreed, but this ain’t it. NOT smiling.

I was weirdly excited about Pepsi-flavored Peeps, but then I realized this was about Peeps-flavored Pepsi and I felt kind of sick. No idea what that says about me, except that I will not be tweeting to win one.

1 Like

I feel that if you’re talking about Peeps at all, you’ve lost the right to take jabs at America’s sugar addiction.

Also, was hoping for Pepsi-flavored peeps, shaped like little soda cans. Am disappoint.

2 Likes

Agreed. I used to be able to find these little cola-flavored hard candies in Chinatown (NYC) that had the perfect flavor plus a mild pop-rocks effect. They were amazing. The flavor of peeps is not what people come to peeps for, it’s the texture. How they managed to go 180 degrees in the wrong direction with this cross-over is bizarre.

5 Likes

leaving|nullxnull

6 Likes

You see “Peeps and Pepsi”, I see “ipecac”. All three.

Season 5 Reaction GIF by Outlander

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.