Originally published at: Get ready for Dr. Pepper-flavored Peeps | Boing Boing

1 Like

drpeper

7 Likes

Call me when they’re Brisket flavored :laughing:

McPhee Brisket Candy Canes

2 Likes

Tina Fey Swipe Left GIF

I like peeps and I love Dr. Pepper… don’t think they need to be together, tho.

5 Likes

I tried hot tamale peeps, and they were reddish and had something that reminded me of cinnamon flavor mostly in the sugar coating.

So if you appreciate the flavor of dr pepper, eating these may be disappointing. Personally, I just like marshmallows.

edit: the article mentions the donut shop coffee flavor: don’t believe the lies! It was so musty I wouldn’t be shocked if someone told me it was made with spent/■■■■■ coffee grounds.

1 Like

They tried a couple dozen flavors, expecting it to be a weird kind of torture, but ended up surprised by how good they were. Peppermint, cotton candy, Fruit Loops, caramel mocha, and chocolate dipped were their favorites. Soda favored peeps didn’t rank very high.

2 Likes

So, they still haven’t reached Peak Peep? :weary:

5 Likes

Sounds good. I mean, what’s the difference? Both corn syrup and artificial flavorings, but you drink one and chew the other.

They need to replace the sugar coating with tiny poprocks so if fizzes like soda.

7 Likes
2 Likes

I haven’t had a Dr. Pepper since I was a kid, but I liked it then. I’ve never had a Peeps. (I thought it’s just a sort of stale marshmallow?) Is the combo possible or even really desirable?

Well, I’d say that answers my question, then!

3 Likes

‘Get ready for Dr. Pepper-flavored Peeps’

Pretty sure this gets a mention in Revelations.

3 Likes

I’d try it. Full disclosure: one of my most favoritest candies on Earth is Bottlecaps.

3 Likes

You’re welcome to my share! :wink:

2 Likes

Not all the new Peeps offerings even look like peeps. They have gingerbread men, snowmen, stockings, and Christmas trees. Oddly, the candy cane flavor package actually uses the expected Peeps shape.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.