An already applied Millennium Tower retrofit passes engineering review

Originally published at: An already applied Millennium Tower retrofit passes engineering review | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Jason, let me be the first to congratulate you on creating one of the most dystopian tags that I have ever come across, “JENGA BUT WITH PEOPLE” - it is a brilliant delineator to describe so many terrible Kafkaesk situations that seem to be increasing in number. So many stories could be described this way.

15 Likes

Is there any investigative journalism going on with respect to what kind of safe houses and extradition-free territories the major players have plans to run to when the sh*t goes down?
It wouldn’t be surprising to me if we learned that at least one person or organization involved has a get out of jail free card in exchange for getting their feet muddy (hopefully not bloody) in this mess.
The insurers of the insurers of the insurers have a jet idling somewhere, no?
Asking for a friend etc.

5 Likes

let’see… to have 45° to ground supporting guy-wires you’d just need to have, oh i dunno, 18? cables run from the top of the leaning tower to an anchored fan along Howard Street. Make it like a celebration by hanging calendar event pennants along them and licensing various “cable cafes” beneath.

(of course i’ve no @#$ clue. but would accept a contract a third of the cost of Ronald Hamburger’s)

6 Likes

McDonaldLand for at least one of them. Mayor McCheese has made certain guarantees in that regard.

Seriously, every solution offered by this guy involves corner-cutting. Eventually one corner too many is going to be cut and down she goes.

5 Likes

Hamburger, “We can cut the number of piles in half, and it will be perfectly safe.”
Mayor, “And cheaper to…?”
Hamburger, “Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha… Oh, you were being serious? No. It will cost twice as much.”

4 Likes

jack the load onto the piles

6 Likes

I’ve ever entered the situation in our most sophisticated computer algorithm and the outlook isn’t good…

5 Likes

I think I would trust Ronald McDonald to fix the Millennium tower more than I trust Ronald Hamburger.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.