New problems at the Millennium Tower worry yet another expert

Originally published at: New problems at the Millennium Tower worry yet another expert | Boing Boing

7 Likes

The problem will be ignored until the thing falls over then they’ll wonder where things went wrong :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

It has to be another expert. Ronald Hamburger wouldn’t say anything to upset the developers.

5 Likes

“… the suspect window…”

:no_mouth::thinking::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Is there any engineering theory, which the lawyers accept, that this structure will eventually (possibly “just in time”) stop falling?? Because otherwise to lessen the cost in lawsuits, let alone @#$ lives!, it’s time they condemn it and take it down in a controlled fashion. (“But wait, we can collect at least three more quarters of leasing payments before the risk awareness exceed the legal fees.”)

10 Likes

Musical chair until the city gets no chair.

3 Likes

Yeah. Once it hits the ground.

9 Likes

To be fair the video does say that 7 other windows on high rise buildings have broken this year, which are all being investigated.

That’s not a pass on the train wreck that is the Millennium Tower, but at least it’s not completely isolated in having a window fail. I am rather surprised that all high rise windows are not laminated or tempered by building code.

2 Likes

Hopefully bike couriers, pedestrians, and cabbies will hear the sounds of impending doom and leap to safety. I would! But dare I leave my courier bike behind? Is it insured? I don’t know if Quicksilver or Allen’s carry much coverage. Too late now…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.