An amazing campaign ad for Brianna Wu, courtesy of her husband Frank Wu

Welcome to BoingBoing, Comrades.

@Brian_Bates @Strangewaze @Ichi_the_blind @Marilyn_B

10 Likes

Gustav Holst FTW

Young Master Bates - may I suggest you expand your horizons rather than crossly posting and running like some amateur wanker?

4 Likes

Oh, and of course, Welcome to BoingBoing Frank!

if that is even your real name

(I kid, I kid.)

2 Likes

I’m just assuming this was done tongue in cheek to have a little fun with the campaign. And I suppose there is nothing wrong with that.

But does she want to be taken seriously? Because this is not how one gets taken seriously.

ETA: and don’t get me wrong, I love oddball political ads and wish we had more of them, but trump bashing isn’t particularly enlightening.

I dunno. I see this as appealing to her supporters who saw her through gamergate, in which case the medium and format probably makes a bit of sense.

I don’t see this being something they broadcast on local TV.

Enlightening, no. But given that P.T. Barnum style showmanship won the last presidential election…

3 Likes

willy-wonka-really

5 Likes

That term “authorise” provided a little cover for Dem legislators like this (along with one of my own at the time, the junior Senator from NY), but the result was that every “yea” vote helped send American troops to a war of choice based on what most actual liberals strongly suspected were false pretexts (suspicions that were borne out).

On that particular and famous vote, it is fair to equate “voted for the war” and “voted to authorise the war” – especially in a BBS comment or joyfully silly video spot, and certainly in a time when it can be confirmed instantly by reputable sources.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.