An angry Karen cut rope that was supporting painters at high-rise

She cut the rope below them, so they couldn’t descend. But how the hell do you get a fingerprint from a rope?

If this work was being carried out on Millennium Tower, is would have been a case of Careening.

2 Likes

On occasion police will tell a suspect that they have more evidence than really exists in order to extract a confession. It worked in this case.

11 Likes

And I thought working outside on the wall of a high-rise was bad enough by itself, without madmen trying to get you killed.

2 Likes

Is “Bankok” an accepted spelling now?

That’s still interfering with the rigging and attempted murder in my book. Thou Shalt Not Fuck with Life-Safety Equipment When In Use.

It’s the equivalent to cutting the locks on a Locked-Out Tagged Out device that’s locked out for maintenance. Simply messing with those is an automatic termination offense and potential criminal charges nearly everywhere I’ve seen them used.

4 Likes

I somehow doubt this person had any idea about how this rigging was set up and of any safety systems that were put in place.

2 Likes

gentlewoman?

2 Likes

Polypropylene rope could present enough of a surface to capture prints, although I don’t think it’s commonly used for safety. Nylon rope might. And any rope might have caught skin flakes or oils that could be analyzed for DNA.

Or maybe it’s a ruse to convince would-be copycats that they’d be caught, too.

2 Likes

This wasn’t an act of a Karen; merely that of an asshole.
20 years in prison sounds about right.

2 Likes

BangkNOK in that case. This was not OK.

First of all, There is no such thing as a “Karen” in Bangkok. Unless an entitled white woman is there on a holiday. Secondly, I’m ready to retire the term “Karen” in general anyway. I wouldn’t use another common name to short hand negatively describe a group of people. Like, oh he was such a Hector. Or she was such a Letitia. Don’t be such a Seamus.

I’ve used the term Karen, but I’m not happy I did, and I’m not going to anymore.

1 Like

There really is no way for anyone to control this kind of thing. I mean, Dick used to be a perfectly fine name.

1 Like

I agree. But for some reason Karen just seems more racially loaded so I’m going to abstain. Maybe “dick” has just been around longer and lost that part of its meaning, if it ever had it. Speaking for myself, I’ve called people of all genders and races “Dicks”. I use it to mean a person with asshole tendencies, but not a full asshole.

We’ll see if the new connotations stick after a few decades. The whole thing could fall by the wayside or it could just become part of the language in the way that Dick has.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.