An app to track and shame friends who are late

[Read the post]

1 Like

If you want to unfriend people, there are quicker waysā€¦

41 Likes

Pah! Back in my day, people couldnā€™t automate their passive-aggression.

33 Likes

Who needs an app for that? My spouse did a great job of shaming me out of my habitual tardiness. I was horrible in that regard. I would sometimes keep people waiting for 20 minutes simply because I was too lazy to leave the house earlier.

2 Likes

http://41.media.tumblr.com/20018e1a6536928073ff2d9f4c0850aa/tumblr_mg46hikN6t1roopbso1_1280.jpg

13 Likes

Sounds like a good way to lose friends.

Shaming rarely works, and there many things that I can think of that make a person a ā€œbad friendā€ before mere tardiness.

Like revealing embarrassing secrets told in confidence, or sleeping with oneā€™s spouse.

12 Likes

This can also make for very good friends, to be fair.

7 Likes

1 Like

Christ, what an asshole. If you know theyā€™re going to be late, tell them it starts 30 minutes early.

8 Likes

I think itā€™d be more useful for tracking my own lateness so that I could own up to it better.

3 Likes

https://cdck-file-uploads-global.s3.dualstack.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/boingboing/optimized/3X/a/2/a2671c950e0b94a964f3b20f4ec1a81f74320f19_1_416x500.gif

Feel free to explain that after I make a few clarifications:

1. Iā€™m not married, but I believe cheating is wrong. If youā€™re referring to polyamory, thatā€™s very different than cheating, IMO.

2. Personally, I have an ironclad rule when it comes to any prospective partners; if youā€™ve ever had sex with my best friend, my sister or my mom, you are automatically penis non grata, because YUCK.

3. Lastly, if a ā€œfriendā€ sleeps with an SO of mine and I find out about it, then thatā€™s two less people in my life.

(Trust is a rare & fragile commodity.)

Okay, go.

11 Likes

You wasted 6 minutes and 10 seconds of my life over two occasions, Kristi. FUCK YOU, KRISTI!

12 Likes

Whoa. I just. Whoa.

Iā€™m a pretty busy guy- lots to do, not a lot of time to get it done, etc etc.
But minutes?
I mean, keeping a counter of the minutes (and seconds!) late that a person is late?
Thatā€™s A-level assholery.

What VC funded this mess? Who thought there was a market here? Whatā€™s the monetization plan?
Nevermind. I donā€™t care.

16 Likes

Someone elseā€™s spouse you meant. Sleeping with oneā€™s spouse parses as the one you are actually married to.

1 Like

Clearly my quick jest has caused for more confusion than it was worth. It wasnā€™t my intention question anyoneā€™s values around sexual relationships. My apologies.

9 Likes

Right?

Talk about anal retentive.

Do I really need to write everything out as simply as possible to avoid attracting the attention of pedants?

Should I resort to over-explaining every comment I make, thereby becoming as tedious as they often are?

No harm, no foul; but an aptly placed ā€˜LOLā€™ goes a long way.

3 Likes

Iā€™m always the prompt friend, so all the other people drifting in whenever can often annoy me. I also can be pretty passive aggressive, but even so, Iā€™m not gonna use this app.

2 Likes

Do friends still get together in real life? I havenā€™t seen my friends in years.

8 Likes

They do.

If for no other reason than to be sure theyā€™ve not been replaced by chatbots.

Have your friends been trying to sell you on Russian dating or free-to-play gambling sites lately?

8 Likes

Passive-agressive anal-retentive techno-nomadic poly-hypenation made perfect!

5 Likes