An app to track and shame friends who are late

disperse?

8 Likes

Reasons rarely, if ever, rise to the level of an excuse.

You should have used protection Dylan!

7 Likes

I would’ve replied sooner, but I was running late please, you must excuse me.

1 Like

I was born and raised in the US in a house with no Mexican feel to it, and didn’t know any Mexicans we weren’t related to – i.e. I was on time for things. But I spent big chucks of many summers in Mexico with aunts, uncles, grandfather, and cousins. The Mexico time thing is real. And it was infuriating to me, even as a 13 year old. It took me a long time to understand the cultural differences regarding punctuality. Add to that the fact this was without the benefit of cellphones. I wonder if it’s still like that today down there. Guessing to some extent yes.

1 Like

MY feelings have already been expressed by comments above.

Friends who are always late will always be late, that’s who they are.

If you don’t want to be their friend anymore, fair enough, but you don’t really need an app to tell you that.

8 Likes

“Friends who are always late will always be late, that’s who they are.”

@some_guy I thank the universe for people like you.

1 Like

This is the internet… if we’re not being pedantic why are we here? :wink:

3 Likes

I have friends like this. Telling them an earlier time only works if they don’t work out that the earlier time is a lie! Facebook events ruined this! “Oh the BBQ starts at 6pm!” “But your FB events says it starts at 8pm…” and then we’d see them at midnight…

2 Likes

Where the hell can I get some Malort!?

3 Likes

We run up against the shipping alcohol across state lines problem if I send it to you.

Here’s their map, aptly titled: Malort Map

Looks like nothing further west than Rock Island, IL or LaCrosse, WI.

Fun fact: if you type in an address (or even just a state) in their search box, the location will be pinned with a mini Chicago flag!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.