An Irish cavalryman spent most of World War I living in this cupboard

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/25/an-irish-cavalryman-spent-most.html

It was actually bigger on the inside so it wasn’t such a problem.

12 Likes

At last, Futility Closet lives up to its name.

19 Likes

Yes… that’s what we need… an IRISH Doctor! Preferably a black IRISH Doctor… who’s a woman.

6 Likes

But have you stopped to consider whether we have fully explored all the possible narratives with a white male from the U.K.?

/sarcasm

6 Likes

For president!

3 Likes

AND the Doctor!

5 Likes

Dr Who?

3 Likes

4 Likes

Darn right she does! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Although we do at last have a Scottish Doctor, which isn’t bad considering Peter Capaldi is the third Scottish actor in the role.

3 Likes

Doesn’t #7 count as Scottish? Sylvester McCoy kept his own accent.

2 Likes

I certainly had the actor as a Scot but I don’t remember the Doctor as one, certainly not as overtly as Capaldi. But I may have that wrong - I was losing interest as a fan at that point and the Hale and Pace appearance was a final nail.

Well, Capaldi’s a Weegie, so his accent is going to be a bit more in-your-face-Scottish than McCoy’s Highland lilt. But that lilt was definitely there during McCoy’s tenure.[quote=“Immutable_Mike, post:13, topic:93640”]
the Hale and Pace appearance was a final nail.
[/quote]

Literally. That story would be the last for 25 years (except for the Paul McGann TV movie).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.