Doctor *&#%@! Who

[Permalink]

1 Like

You mean like this one?

http://usvsth3m.com/post/57411403201/the-inevitable-sweary-doctor-who-malcolm-tucker

Edit: Ah… beaten to it

“Fucking change, my dear, and not a fucking moment too soon.”

“Legs. I’ve still got fucking legs. Good. Arms. Fucking hands. Ooh, fingers, lots of fucking fingers…and still not fucking ginger!”

“That’s the fucking trouble with regeneration. You quite never know what the fuck you’re going to get.”

“I’d like to see a fucking butterfly fit into a chrysalis case after it spreads its fucking wings.”

“Fan-fucking-tastic.”

“I tell you, Brigadier, there’s nothing to fucking worry about!”

“New fucking teeth. That’s fucking weird.”

“WHO THE FUCK AM I?”

“Don’t you realise that when I was fucking stranded on this little planet of yours, I had nothing but these fucking clothes…”

“It’s a fucking lottery, and I’ve fucking drawn the short plank.”

“Doctor who? What the fuck is he talking about?”

This is gonna be fun.

Capaldi was also in Torchwood, briefly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/childrenofearth_characters/john_frobisher.shtml

Now if only they can get Tarantino to direct.

2 Likes

When they wanted an older Doctor, I can’t believe they didn’t go for the obvious choice: Matt Berry.

Demonstrates the futility of community - started topics on here; @mindysan33 started one yesterday about this that was totally ignored.

1 Like

I didn’t even know there was such a thing. How do you find them?

Meh… it’s all good. You didn’t ignore it! :wink:

3 Likes

He was brilliant in that series. Season 3 Children of Earth. Torchwood before was okay, after was crappy.

Can we bring back John Simm now? Please? I mean, he was fine played off of Tennant. But this. This could be MAGNIFICENT. (And sort of terrifying.)

5 Likes

I am hoping for a Lair of the White Worm cast reunion with Amanda Donohoe and Hugh Grant in a vampire themed plotline.

Moffat, get on it.

1 Like

If a topic exists, I think we can MERGE them when we post it at BB instead of there being two here. Let me go try that

I have mixed feelings here. I am glad it’s an older actor… I really did hope it would be an actor of African or South East Asian extraction…

My theory, overall, is that Mofatt is trying to get rid of some of the Davies era tropes and bring it back to some the the ideas of the classic series. Like he wans to stop trying to make the Doctor a christ-like figure and make him more like an alien with an amazing space ship.

I love Capaldi, going back as far as Lair of the White Worm. This might get me watching again, haven’t been a regular viewer since McCoy (Peter Davison was my Doctor), although I liked what I saw of Tennant.

I haven’t seen World War Z, but apparently Capaldi played a WHO doctor.

i thought that Eccelston was great and didn’t get nearly enough time to flesh out his version of the Doctor… I liked Tennant, but I really liked Smith more. But like I said, Ithink Mofatt has taken a “getting back to basics” approach to the show. He makes a ridiculous number of references back to the classic series. The Gaiman episode had Cybermen who were very much like classic 60s cybermen, in voice, action, and even the face design. Since the first Smith episode, there have been tons of clips to the classic, usually in some flashback with the previous doctors.

Capaldi was also in a Who episode, the Fires of Pompeii. And in Torchwood: Children of Earth, which I had forgotten about.

A WHO doctor in Cardiff

Being a little tired of young, dishy Doctors, I’m rather pleased to have an older, potentially somewhat menacing one, instead.

I hope he gives people withering looks from underneath his eyebrows a lot. It’s no dropping the F bomb every other word, but it’ll do.

4 Likes

The Doctor also got “older” when Colin Baker took over from Peter Davison (who’s only 7 years older than Capaldi).