An on-going thread of Trump's Legal woes

An interesting interview with Ken Buck…

8 Likes

Listening to that dude prevaricate and make excuses pissed me off, but at least Stewart challenged him on it.

11 Likes

It’s more than we can say about most journalists, too.

10 Likes

14 Likes

Trump is terrible covering up a bribe so that’s why he wouldn’t be a good POTUS?

Oh Boy Tea GIF

14 Likes

I mean, if someone’s worldview is that everyone is corrupt and selfish, then why go with mediocre conmen when there are much better ones, who’ve managed to stay out of court and hidden their crimes well?

11 Likes

… where is Warren G. Harding when we really need him :crazy_face:

10 Likes
9 Likes

He doesn’t want gag order lifted because it’s over. He wants it lifted so he can defame and threaten everyone involved without consequence. Judge should keep it instated until all appeals have run their course.

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

15 Likes

that’s the “deep thinker’s” thought for sure. but as heather cox richardson pointed out: ■■■■■ has been fighting tooth and nail against these convictions for a reason

Trump’s team continues to insist that the guilty verdict will help him, but that’s nonsensical on its face: if guilty verdicts are so helpful, why has he moved heaven and earth to keep the many other cases against him from going to trial? And why are he and House speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) calling for the Supreme Court to overturn the convictions?

As political consultant Stuart Stevens put it: “I worked in five presidential races and helped elect Republican governors or Senators in over half the country. I have never heard anything more transparently desperate than a party trying to spin that there is some non-MAGA pool of voters who can’t wait to vote for a convicted felon.”

17 Likes

That’s humor, right? Please?

10 Likes

I suspect it is just more that the media needs this to be a horse race, tight and unpredictable, to get clicks. If it is, as i sincerely hope, a complete blow-out, they don’t have as much to hype. For that to happen, they have to support the candidate who seems to be hellbent on self-destruction. And i hate that. A lot.

17 Likes

This is laughagbly easy to refute. Now where is my tinfoil hat… ah, here we go:

“500,000+ people worked together and spent $20+ billion (in 1960ies money) to fake the Moon landings! Check and mate, buddy!”

14 Likes
11 Likes

Frustrated Jason Segel GIF by NETFLIX

15 Likes

… And the proof is that there is no proof. Now that’s a solid conspiracy. /s

8 Likes
13 Likes

[The New York Times: “Donald Trump, who was convicted on 34 felony counts of falsifying business records, is expected to have a virtual interview with a New York City probation official on Monday as the agency prepares a sentencing recommendation to the judge in the case, people with knowledge of the matter said.” — Bluesky (bsky.app)]

9 Likes

Oh that intrepid reporters could and would ask him every day how his interview with his probation officer went. And what they talked about. :imp:

12 Likes

Great Interview. Gave answers, best answers. Joe Biden is old, He wouldn’t answer well. Sad.

8 Likes