An on-going thread of Trump's Legal woes

11 Likes

This is a promising excerpt; sounds like Judge Chutkan isn’t inclined to give Trump a delay just because he happens to be running for office.

“This court is not concerned with the electoral schedule,” Chutkan pushed back.
“We are talking about the presidency of the United States,” Lauro said.
“I am not talking about the presidency,” Chutkan said. “I am talking about a four-count indictment.”

22 Likes

stephen colbert fake news GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Also… ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!!

/s

13 Likes

Fingers crossed that Merchan takes a page from Chutkin’s book later this month.

13 Likes

yeah, i mean if he’s worried about it interfering with the election, he could always choose to end his run. problem solved :tada:

13 Likes

One of the particularly obnoxious things about T****, and it’s a long list, is how he feels entitled to be president. It’s a fucking job interview, asshole, not a loan from Deutche Bank!

16 Likes

I’ve tried getting money from Deutsche Bank once. Looks like I did it wrong.

11 Likes

They get freaked out by masks unless they are orange masks.

8 Likes

November 12th. After the election.

24 Likes

Aurora Browne Baronesscbc GIF by Baroness von Sketch Show

15 Likes

I don’t see things playing out this way, but it would be pretty wild if Trump won the election and then was sent to prison before being sworn in.

9 Likes

It’s never going to happen, is it.

Sighing Sigh GIF

6 Likes

16 Likes

Sure seems that way, on all the legal fronts. Either he’ll be President and everything will go away with the wave of his magic wand (and we’ll all have much bigger problems to worry about) or he’ll lose and the will to press forward will evaporate because after all he’s just a confused old man at this point.

Blech.

3 Likes

Still before inauguration. :woman_shrugging:t4:

11 Likes

Hopeless defeatism is tedious and unhelpful a/f.

14 Likes

I hope and sincerely believe that Harris is headed for a landslide victory, but I also believe that the criminal prosecutions in NY, GA, and FL are more likely than not to end up fizzling for a bunch of reasons. Your opinions may differ.

Everything before the word BUT, something, something…

I’m going to continue to fight like hell, until the very end.

You do you, whatever that may look like.

Good day.

10 Likes

Thanks, you too, good luck to us all.

Disappointing to be sure, but Merchan has demonstrated previously that he’s a straight shooter. Haven’t read his decision (and since IANAL probably wouldn’t be qualified to have an opinion on it if I had), but based on his record I can only assume that his reasoning for delaying is compelling, sound and in good faith. And in any case, I admit to having been a little apprehensive about blow-back from a perception of “persecution” that would invigorate Trump’s base. So I’m almost relieved that it won’t be factor.

4 Likes