Anal oxygen administration may be life-safer

A teflon enema leads to authentically pro-life santorum?

3 Likes

While they’re motorboating your butt with oxygen, where’s the CO2 in the bloodstream going?

5 Likes

Good thing parachute pants went out of style. You’d suffocate.

1 Like

Good question! It looks like the actual experiment was checking motility in a low oxygen environment, so the test mice (maybe pigs, too? - I really DO NOT WANT to look up the experimental section) could inhale and exhale as much as they wanted, it is just that the atmosphere was only 10% O2. It is unclear to me whether they mean 10% total or 10% of normal because IIRC ambient air is about 22% O2 and cutting O2 levels in half sounds more like a trip to the Himalayas than instant death to me.

3 Likes

Hmm, obviously I don’t know the details of the research but my first thought is “what about the CO2”. The mice still has functioning lungs which would have let them breathe it off, just were in a low oxygen environment. There are some instances where it’s be helpful but it’d limit its use pretty badly. Plus you’d still need to use of your bowels to poop if you were unwell for any duration.

1 Like

An unusual choice to make the playset about one very specific doctor who is into duck hunting and bowling in her spare time.

2 Likes

Anton asks, “What are you implying about my oxygen tank, friendo?”

2 Likes

Here is the link to the actual study, which was not published in Cell.

https://www.cell.com/med/fulltext/S2666-6340(21)00153-7

1 Like

Is there some other way to administer oxygen?

2 Likes

You start sprouting leaves.

4 Likes

iwJAT4

4 Likes

6 Likes
2 Likes

And maybe scuba diving? But what would we call this new underwater adventure?

1 Like

Nonpaywalled in The Cell:

Not ‘The Cell’, just ‘Cell’.

2 Likes

(The late and much lamented Paul Ritter.)

1 Like

Seems to make sense. If the Bloated Orange One can talk out of his a$$ he can probably breathe that way too.

2 Likes

I can not have been the only one to appreciate the reference haha

1 Like

Christ, what an airhole.

5 Likes

Oh no you don’t. I’m not falling for that trick a fourth time.

4 Likes