Anderson Cooper defends CNN's Donald Trump "town hall" and it ain't good

Yeah, when/if we get our scatterlight tv back, I’m not going there barring massive policy changes. Hell w/it.

I’ll just keep checking out UK Channel 4 and DW News (Deutsche Welle) on yout00b instead.

3 Likes

Nobody owes you their attention, Anderson

6 Likes

Here’s what happens if you don’t defend it:

7 Likes

Licht “summoned” Darcy “and his editor to a meeting with himself and top executives in which they told him that his coverage of Trump town hall had been too emotional and stressed the importance of remaining dispassionate.”

Yeah, never mind the extremely passionate hate and bloodlust of Tromp and his fans in that room.

I wonder if Licht would give a reporter who’d expressed a passionate/enthusiastic response to the event the same dressing down? (rhetorical q)

For shit’s sake CNN, Fox “News” ALREADY exists. You can’t join or replace them!

11 Likes

Right? Were Reporters expected to remain “dispassionate” when reporting on the events of 9/11? I mean, they had to stick to facts, but they weren’t expected to act like it was a neutral event. It was alarming and caused a lot of death and damage.
And T is more harmful, by far, than that. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

…and how many remained “dispassionate” and detached during the fucking insurrection?!

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.