Andrew Yang thinks Joe Rogan isn't racist because he interacts with black people

You may be right. Maybe he is just another idiot. We get plenty of them around here…

1 Like

My point is that “true” intentions don’t matter considering the outcome. If someone is motivated to “protect women” but the outcome is that I have LESS rights than men, does it matter? If someone supports a racist system, does it matter if their intent is to protect the system if the outcome is that people who aren’t white are oppressed?

23 Likes

Trying to find out what Rogan had actually had said I came across this old article about an earlier Rogan controversy trying to explain how the American left think and what is acceptable that I found interesting:

3 Likes

You know, I completely agree with you. His intentions don’t matter in light of his ridiculous statement. It’s just that he reminded me of a few people I know.

1 Like

Next we’ll hear “Some of my best friends ae”.

5 Likes

14 Likes

Man, I really wanted to like Yang when he came on the scene. Then he started opening his mouth, saying things, and it all went bad. The man has as much smarts as a half-eaten subway under the seat of a redneck’s pickup. It’s like a tech-bro had a baby with a wanksock.

4 Likes

Theophilus Eugene “Bull” Connor used to “interact” with black people all the time too and it didn’t work out very well for them.

7 Likes

I’d not heard of him before; however, his job title, “Commissioner of Public Safety” sounds incredibly sinister.

7 Likes

I think it’s the whole “What people say when they think others aren’t listening” thing. If they didn’t know about this before, how do Rogan’s black acquaintances and listeners feel about him now that they’ve seen his words and thoughts laid bare? That’s what really matters. Andrew Yang’s opinions on whether Rogan is a racist are irrelevant.

4 Likes

“he can’t be racist, he has black friends”

Been hearing that for over 60 years, you’d think the racist bigots idiots would get some new material.

19 Likes

Wow, that’s so ludicrous that I would have assumed Yang was being sarcastic.

2 Likes

We really need to make people understand that racism isn’t hating other races, it’s thinking you’re better than them.

The white power crowd loves a black person who “knows their place”. The angry hating part only enters into the picture when they expect to be treated as an equal. It’s why your Trumper uncle can say with a straight face that he doesn’t have a problem with black people, but George Floyd got what he deserved. And it’s why even the most well meaning liberals can fall into pitying “those poor people” instead of actually dismantling the systems that are continually fucking them.

And quite frankly, it’s why we’re still having these problems. Because we’ve equated racism with malice instead of bias, it makes it harder to argue that impersonal laws and policies can still be fundamentally unfair.

5 Likes

It’s both, and the motivation DOESN’T matter.

Racism (and all other forms of bigotry) is a poison of the mind and soul, as well as a useful tool for keeping TPTB in power.

15 Likes

Andrew Yang is just one more “independent” idiot who thinks he deserves political office.

He does not.

8 Likes

If you don’t recognize the name you may know him by his work (though a lot of school boards are currently trying to scrub that from the curriculum).

beatings

15 Likes

Growing up in a well to do family, attending Phillips Exeter Academy (top tier WASPy boarding school), Brown & Columbia Law may not have prepared him to speak as a man of the people as convincingly as he imagines.

10 Likes

13 years later, I think this JaySmooth video is still the best summary of the problem, avoid the “what they are” argument because that way leads to suffering

2 Likes

Says the highly privileged Asian dude…

“I’m not racist, I’m friends with all the black homeowners in my gated community!”

1 Like

That he’s Asian doesn’t matter either.

13 Likes