Andrew Yang thinks Joe Rogan isn't racist because he interacts with black people

Originally published at: Andrew Yang thinks Joe Rogan isn't racist because he interacts with black people | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Andrew Yang can’t just be some kind of unsophisticated fool, can he?

But he’s rich!

38 Likes

I kinda liked Yang at one point. And I still don’t think he’s a terrible guy. BUT, I’m glad New Yorkers saw through him in the run up for mayor and said No Thanks. Mind you the new mayor sucks in many ways too…but yeah… All my progressive/left wing friends in New York had no interest in Yang either.

15 Likes

Can we get Andrew’s comments a few days from now after someone digs up all the racist things Rogan said about Asians?

34 Likes

This really feels to be of a piece with Yang’s generic we-stand-with-Israel tweets during the mayoral campaign. He’s courting Rogan’s audience, like he thought he could trivially court Jewish New Yorkers. I’m not sure he wants to court them for at the moment, but I suppose he could run again for something so why not prepare now.

6 Likes

Okay but what KIND of Black friends does he have?

27 Likes

So did most slave owners back in the bad old days. That means exactly nothing.

45 Likes

I don’t believe Jeffrey Dahmer is a cannibal. He interacts with lots of people every day without eating them. /s

31 Likes

Yang seems to have deleted the tweet, so I guess he actually does believe in de-platforming ignorant nonsense after all.

Humorously, this is the most recent tweet currently on his feed:

18 Likes

Si Yes GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

18 Likes

Dear Andrew Yang:

Sincerely, Melz.

24 Likes

Seriously, why is this guy famous?

People see the media coverage and assume he must be a tech billionaire or something, but that’s not even close to true

14 Likes

Something, something, computers, something, something, he’s asian, so we’re not racist, something something…

20 Likes

Then there are the people who think slave owners weren’t necessarily racist because slavery was “of its time” back in the day.

12 Likes

He’s like a neighbor that makes embarrassingly awkward/wrong things despite his best intentions.

Why do you assume that?

9 Likes

Because I’ve seen guys like him.

1 Like

And you know what their intention is? And that intention means more than the outcome?

10 Likes

You have a point - it’s hard to know folk’s true intentions. But this guy swallows the model minority bullshit myth whole. So he makes these foolish statements that panders to white racism. I don’t think his intention is to support white racism, but to get white votes as well as some asian votes (at least asian votes from folks that believes the lie that white racist folks respect them). Is he that cynical? Maybe. Is it done with finesse? No.

1 Like

I think you’re reading way, way too deeply into Andrew Yang there…

11 Likes