Angry Constituents Are Saving America From Trump And We Are Here For It

I think you’re attributing too much power to memes. And on top of that, too singular an interpretation of that one.

1 Like

I really don’t mean this in any offensive way, but I think the very feelings you express got Trump elected. Because he seemed not to be one of “them”. Draining the swamp, etc, etc.

It’s never that simple.
Never.
This is life. It’s complicated. There is no consolation. But there is work to do, and people to help. People with real faces. Not masks. Not working for a hidden figure, but for each other.

1 Like

I’m warning against uncritically using the same tactics and even the same pictures and slogans as the so-called alt-right. I don’t think that’s overstating

The key thing is while Trump was calling for draining the swamp and all, he was very transparent about his core message; racist rich guy that’s just trying to get the downtrodden vote by proposing projects and policies that won’t work, and if they get shot down because they’re unworkable? Hey we tried right? We just got blocked by them derty libtards. They’re the ones ruining your country, not me.

I feel I have been very consistent in my message over the past few months that ‘we’ are in danger of becoming just like ‘them’ in our tactics and mode of operation. So you’re warning the guy that’s been screaming at everyone else since election night. I posted said picture because to put blunt, the government should be afraid of the people it governs, especially if it forgets we’re the reason it has any power at all (beyond, well… Guns that they control the paying out of. However many a Ceaser has come to realize what happens if you piss off the millitary, of which the intelligence community is an important arm… and for once I see the spooks as actually doing the job they’re supposed to; keeping watch over the powerful instead of for them.)

Also. @milliefink and me agreeing on something.

Friend, I’m not sure if you’re new here or a regular, but that happening should tell you how dire the situation is.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Now, does this really make my point invalid?

1 Like

Wonder who a lot of these “angry” people voted for. Trump is anti-abortion after all. Darn those mixed blessings! hes an asshole, but at least not a pro-choice one

2 Likes

This.

I think everyone needs to be reminded that authoritarian goalposts are highly mobile

7 Likes

Awfully early to say whether this will accomplish anything.
These people are, for the most part, people who have voted against their own interests for decades and now generations, people who, figuratively speaking have had a very difficult time realizing all the times they step in shit and instead just keep on doing it.
These people have been the very opposite of woke since Tricky Dick in 68.
Time will tell whether they’ve actually gotten a clue.

There is a word for it. Recuperation. That doesn’t mean that détournement isn’t a good tactic, just that it shouldn’t be our only one.

But I’ll stick to using the V For Vendetta graphic novel rather than the film.

3 Likes

He is pro choice. It’s just that not everyone who’s pro choice is in favor of every abortion, or even likes the idea of abortion, just thinks that abortion should legally be an option. So it’s really easy to talk to pro life (I mean anti abortion, not pro life) people about how you don’t like abortion while skirting the whole pro life/pro choice issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.