Angry gentleman plows into Moonlite Bunny Ranch with 18-wheeler while women sleeping

I can think of better solutions. Unfortunately none of them are appropriate to say in polite company.

Gentleman is always used sarcastically here unless otherwise indicated. It’s use is as an insult.

7 Likes

Based on her profile she is both a worker at a “Bunny Ranch,” if not necessarily this particular one, and English is quite likely not her first language. I think this gives her the perfect right to be both upset about the event and non-conversant with BoingBoing’s idiosyncratic language use.

C’mon guys. If we’d welcomed her more whole-heartedly, she could have eventually said “Plows? Doesn’t anybody do phrasing anymore?”

7 Likes

I agree entirely. And I do see how the sarcastic use could be confusing to people who aren’t regular BoingBoing readers. Hopefully the attempt to clarify wasn’t taken as hostile. There was no reason she should have known.

3 Likes

I’m thinking Trump cabinet position.

Also - 20 year grudge against a brothel? You know what Woody says about orgasms -

2 Likes

Welcome to Boing Boing, where “gentleman” is code for “asshole”.

6 Likes

Since we dont know the whole story here, would it be too charitable to assume that the person in question has either suffered a breakdown or has other underlying issues before heaping on the insults?

Also no one was actually run over.

It’s one thing to quote the source who calls these women “prostitutes” rather than the accepted term sex workers, but to repeat the error yourself gives the impression that the writer has little regard for them. Please use the more humanizing term, if you agree.

3 Likes

I’m glad no one was hurt! It’s sad that this guy couldn’t get the fuck over himself. [ETA] Maybe gotten help?

3 Likes

5 Likes

True. Lots of people have break downs or mental issues and I’m all for being charitable about that. But most people don’t try and kill a building full of people.

9 Likes

5 Likes

I’d like to take a moment to thank you for at least giving the idea some consideration.

1 Like

Ahh Yes exactly so. Thank you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.