Angry gentleman throws coffee at barista — who quickly smashes back with a hammer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/13/angry-gentleman-throws-coffee-at-barista-who-quickly-smashes-back-with-a-hammer.html

9 Likes

:thinking:

“… police departments don’t solve serious or violent crimes with any regularity, and in fact, spend very little time on crime control”

25 Likes

Well done that lady.

The bro was lucky she only took out his windscreen.

3 Likes

I’ve never been to Seattle, but my understanding is that they have more than one coffee shop. If this isn’t the first time he’s caused trouble with this business owner, he is targeting her. Why isn’t he being charged?

33 Likes

Good on her; ridiculous that guy was not arrested after making threats, attempting assault and then refusing to vacate the property.

It becomes infuriating upon learning that same person has harassed that same business owner before, though not at all surprising.

29 Likes

OR the police could do their fucking job so she doesn’t have to kill someone in self defense. I mean, ideally.

31 Likes

So that the police can arrest her instead, for acting out of self defense; bad idea.

23 Likes

ey! don’t f@#$ around with us seattlites on the issue of coffee! (even dubious Starbucks drive-thru “coffee”) for us it’s what has replaced church [slurping sound] and baristas are the new priesthood

7 Likes

Although this wasn’t the first time the barista had dealt with this angry man

That was pretty obvious from the fact that she had a hammer ready to go.

8 Likes

The SPD has been quiet quitting since at least 2020. I’m surprised they showed up at all.

9 Likes

She’s a woman who owns and operates her business alone; of course she has something on hand to defend herself.

16 Likes

Think Use Your Head GIF by LeVar Burton

10 Likes

Yeah, I’ve heard that too. I even think there’s a chain named after that guy on Battlestar Galactica.

5 Likes

So I didn’t see this in the BB post, or the article, but I feel like it’s way too important to miss. According to the posts on X it was actually Joe Biden who did this. All of it; both sides.

5 Likes

For my fellow Gen-X brethren…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.