Angry mom texts 35-year-old man instead of her daughter, hilarity and outrage ensues

I’ve just been having a “conversation” with a guy on MeetMe who has Washington D.C. as his location, but keeps insisting he’s in Vancouver in Washington STATE. I have pointed this out 6 times and his response is to insist his profile doesn’t say that.

2 Likes

Yes, it can be. The point is someone who is chronically stressed has more difficulty both learning and organising than if they weren’t stressed.

My point is that it’s not disorganised people who become stressed, but rather stress that causes disorganisation.

6 Likes

Still a better story than Twilight.

9 Likes

What isn’t?

I’ve seen laundry lists that were more prolific.

9 Likes

If Jess wasn’t “back on drugs” she is now

2 Likes

“your cc is cancelled”, the swearing, general tone doesn’t scan as a mom talking to a daughter, unless the daughter does this kind of humor regularly - it would be out of character for her.

??? Reads like a mum talking to a daughter to me. What, you think women lose the ability to swear when they give birth to daughters?

12 Likes

Right?

I guess giving birth also deletes a woman’s ability to use abbreviations.

11 Likes

I was totally floored when @Mister44 voiced his appreciation of Electronic Dance Music in a post a year or so ago; and I though, “WTF, Mister44 a fully rounded character?!”

2 Likes

I doubt he actually care if it’s funny. He clearly cares a great deal about demonstrating his urbane sophistication to strangers on the internet. Hopefully he’s young, because it’d be a shame not to grow out of that.

7 Likes

I regret that I have but one like to give this highly accurate assessment.

5 Likes

It certainly enhances their swearing ability in my experience.

5 Likes

She sounds like she’s wound tighter than a camel’s ass in a sandstorm. I guess I could summon a little empathy for her willful misery, but mostly I feel sorry for her children.

8 Likes

In my experience, they certain have the ability to swear during the actual process. And I fully support this.

8 Likes

Lord, I swear more now than I did before I had my daugther! I’m a god-damn fucking sailor!

16 Likes

Swearing helps with pain. It’s true!

10 Likes

I can like two things, right? Guns and electronica? And Boba Fett. Ok, three things, guns, electronica, Boba Fett and The Shadow. Four, I like four things, my kiddo, guns, electronica, Boba Fett, and The Shadow. Wait, that’s five things… Crap, I better to make a list.

Well, in way you’re lucky to find this out about him before anything is invested like time and money. Also, kuddos to you for having a well charged phone :wink:

o_0 unless you somehow have encountered this person some where else, HTF can you claim anything being “out of character for her”? 0_o I mean seriously, how can those words come out of your brain and end up being output by your fingers with you backspacing?

We literally have one odd text conversation, which would make it nigh impossible for anyone to make that statement.

4 Likes

And a fanatical devotion to the Pope…

6 Likes

Ha. Pretty funny. I express skepticism over the veracity of a purportedly authentic post and half a dozen people troll me. It does speak volumes indeed. BoingBoing posters getting long in the tooth. Kindly spare me your self-righteous condescension.