Angry owner of vegan restaurant sprays smoker in face with fire extinguisher

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/24/angry-owner-of-vegan-restauran.html

1 Like

[Bird] has had headaches and experienced shortness of breath since the incident.

You know what else causes shortness of breath…

42 Likes

Wow. He was pretty far away from that seating area, though.

16 Likes

Almost forgot…in before anybody reminds us about “annoying” vegans.

10 Likes

now hold on just a darn minute, internet…

39 Likes

He should have explained that his Camel cigarette didn’t actually contain any camel in it.

38 Likes

Damn, that’s just straight up assault to defend the air space of a bunch of empty tables.

33 Likes

So the joke begins…

Two assholes meet on the sidewalk…

8 Likes

The following is a link to the Material Safety Data Sheet for the standard ABC dry chemical filler.

Here’s the Wikipedia page where I found it.

And I’m with @anon21100188 in believing we watched a video recording of assault and battery.

33 Likes

The only thing more annoying than annoying vegans are annoying people who are annoyed about annoying vegans.

16 Likes

“I need to apologize to my victim because I am so awesome”

…goes on to elaborate on his own awesomeness and blame his victim.

15 Likes

These guys don’t seem very accommodating.

To paraphrase a popular Twitter bio line, snark is not endorsement.

1 Like

That train is never late.

10 Likes

Perhaps this restaurant owner needs to introduced to the fog machine from that story yesterday.

5 Likes

I was all ready to say “hell yeah!”, picturing an asshole lighting up inside a vegan restaurant after being warned not to, and then getting a faceful of water.

But as much as I hate smokers, in this case, the restaurant owner was a straight up criminal.

38 Likes

What an asshole. I hope he was arrested for assault. I’m 100% sure he wouldn’t have done that to a white guy in a suit.

6 Likes

Cigarette smoke always blows towards non-smokers. I think the tobacco companies designed it that way.

19 Likes

Nah, that’s just the nature of smoke. Kind of like tending a camp fire: no matter which side of the fire you sit on, it’s downwind.

9 Likes

The cranky vegan chef has resigned. I assume so that the liability for the assault doesn’t take out the restaurants. I am not a lawyer, but that probably won’t work as a tactic.

https://www.theolympian.com/news/nation-world/national/article235423177.html

5 Likes