Angry Trump supporters burn Trump hats to protest his supposed DACA deal

So, remind me again how this all fits into the Bannon Master Plan™? It all seems so chaotic and inane that sometimes I forget that everything that happens is all according to his canny design.

8 Likes

So it won´t have any effect on the dipshits burning these hats. There is nothing to lower.

1 Like

I was thinking of myself and the good folk of this forum. I’m that kind of dude.

:wink:

2 Likes

What a bunch of stupid suckers. Their leader’s continual series of denials and confirmations about the deal must put them in the position of a chicken whose one-watt brain has been blown by having a chalk line drawn quickly in front of him.

7 Likes

I think his plan was:

1. Getting the orange bastard elected.
  2. ???
  3. White, straigth, christian, ´murrican utopia.

We might be at step 2, but I could be wrong.

10 Likes

This is exactly what Trump wants:

Step 1. Trump does something his supporters like.
Step 2. His supporters then give him money in exchange for a MAGA hat, to express their support.
Step 3. Trump appears to consider doing something his supporters would not like.
Step 4. His supporters destroy their MAGA hats in protest.
Step 5. Go to Step 1.

Trump clearly profits from a never-ending hat-buying-then-hat-burning cycle.

20 Likes

Obligatory.

3 Likes

I am inclined to wait and see whether this protest actually changes Turmp’s mind before gloating about it. If MAGA-hat burning starts to get a lot of TV play, there’s a real chance he’ll summarily deport DACA participants or something equally foul

1 Like

We’re not even a year into this cycle.

2 Likes

Awww, bless their cold, little, white hearts.

snowflakes-optimized

Edited to upload snowflakes instead of link to them.

13 Likes

“let the swamp monsters back in” ?!?!!
That explains So Much about them. They don’t see the monsters for what they are because They Are The Monsters.
I’m sure there’s a story or graphic novel like that somewhere.

7 Likes

Eye of the Beholder - classic TZ!
ETA to add spoiler tag in case someone hasn’t seen the episode.

10 Likes

One of my fav eps of the original series.

6 Likes

/me picks up alt-right measuring stick, moves it over to the pile of burning hats

Looks like it clocks in at “A bunch of triggered snowflakes”.

8 Likes

Anyway, anybody who’s anybody is wearing this in Autumn.

ONLY $40!

2 Likes

As Valve showed with Team Fortress 2, “OMG!! HATS!!!” is a viable business model.

5 Likes

Well, he knows he’s doing the opposite of making America great so he wants his base to buy new hats and chant USA instead of MAGA.

Also, he just really wants 40 more bucks from each of them.

ETA - He wants to run the US like a business, maybe he can, probably he can’t. But he’s certainly running the presidency that way. Like book an event at one of his properties and he will show up as a bonus.

3 Likes

The ill fitting khakis, Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt, and North Face Jacket combo that one dude is sporting is not surprising

I’m willing to bet most of them are buying the hats to burn them. All of those look surprisingly new, and didn’t the original run have that stupid rope across the brim. Just like Dear Leader?

So until further notice I’m going to assume this is like those “protests” against Starbucks’ cups around Christmas time. Where one is meant to buy a drink from Starbucks and… I dunno? Yell at the cup?

Even if he could. Why the fuck would you want to run a country like a business? Businesses do shit like lay off workers even though they’re short staffed and profits are good to get a quick bump in stock price. Or shut down seasonally to minimize overhead. Should a country cut healthcare benefits to increase pay to leadership? Its a concept I’ve never remotely understood.

11 Likes

/s

3 Likes

Poe’s Law in force. He’s not really wearing that hat with “45” on the side, is he?

2 Likes