Anonymous infiltrated the KKK by friending Blue Lives Matter supporters on Facebook

The first friend request was accepted by Frank Ancona, the Imperial Wizard of the Traditionalist American Knights, who last year threatened lethal force against Ferguson protesters. Ancona had “many” mutual Facebook friends with the Blue Lives Matter movement.

And, who was just found murdered (by his wife & stepson) in a Missouri river.

10 Likes

Reminds me of this gem:

11 Likes

The KKK, by contrast “aren’t really good at handling insider threats or figuring out how to keep threats outside.”

Well, when you’re used to being the threat…

7 Likes

Whoop, I must have missed that BB reported this already

1 Like

This is intriguing. I believe that the “other side”, so to speak, has done this. There are suspiciously trollish people on the left that I feel are possibly responsible for the hysteria and extremity coming from that side, that is supposed to be thoughtful and sensible. People have just become too easily outraged for some reason, and from the outside, there doesn’t seem to be much difference between the sides. I have no hard evidence for this, but I believe it is happening. I do know that the right has fake social media accounts that stoke the fires on whatever asinine thing is going on.

Anyway, it is obviously quite simple to jump on the Fox News bandwagon and find “like-minded” individuals. You are told how talk and what to talk about already. Rather than troll them, maybe ideas can be implanted, couched in the typical rhetoric. Throw some real facts in with the alternative facts. Fucking with people who can’t pay their bills is probably not going to accomplish anything.

You may joke, but once upon a time the founder of IKEA was a member of a fascist organisation:

In 1994, the personal letters of the Swedish fascist activist Per Engdahl were made public after his death, and it was revealed that Kamprad had joined Engdahl’s pro-fascist New Swedish Movement (Nysvenska Rörelsen) in 1942, at the age of 16. Kamprad had raised funds for and recruited members to said group at least as late as September 1945. When Kamprad quit the group is unknown, but he remained a friend of Engdahl until the early 1950s.

6 Likes

That’s exactly the kind of conspiracy theory thinking that leads to people becoming too easily outraged.

Seriously, don’t indulge in this paranoia. There are idiots everywhere, its human nature. There may be more of them attracted to the right, but being on the left is not an immunization to idiocy. We’ve already seen more than enough of that since trump’s election, like that breathless “Trial Balloon for a Coup?” article by that guy with zero political experience that made the rounds two weeks ago.

1 Like

Being on the left or right doesn’t make you a thoughtful or sensible person. More thoughtful/sensible people gravitate to the left, but there are plenty of idiots and generally horrible people on both sides. Political opinions are not a measure of virtue, intelligence, or good heartedness.

People on both sides of the spectrum poke around in the dark underbellies of the opposition. The question should revolve around whether you think Anonymous’s account is reliable, rather than whose side they’re on. In this case they seem legit.

7 Likes

That alt-conversation strikes just a little too close to home for alt-reality, don’t you think?

2 Likes

That’s all you have to do to find out if someone is in the Klan or not? Say “AYAK” to them?

Good to know.

1 Like

It’s not paranoia. Just this weekend I read an article(highly suspect once examined) that was about white people quitting netflix because of the series “Dear White People”. It was said that it promoted white genocide. The bulk of the article was actually tweets, all but one being people quitting netflix over #whitegenocide. Totally fucking absurd. I had trouble believing that these people were so fervently behind this thing, so I checked out their twitter accounts. What I discovered is that they were all fake accounts spouting alt right propaganda.

You think the people that are doing this wouldn’t also put on liberal garb and stoke the fires from the other side? Of course they would.

1 Like

I don’t think being on the left side of things excludes the possibility of being a moron, but there is a difference between someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about and a troll. Trolls are effective.

1 Like

You need to step back and take a hard look at what you just did. You cited an example of deliberate crazy-baiting of the right as proof that there is deliberate crazy-baiting of the left. It literally proves nothing about your premise. But you still considered it persuasive enough to make it your first and best example. You are employing the logic of conspiracy theory where any event is proof of the conspiracy. You have stared too long into the abyss.

2 Likes

[quote=“Slida23, post:31, topic:94957”]
It was said that it promoted white genocide. The bulk of the article was actually tweets, all but one being people quitting netflix over #whitegenocide. Totally fucking absurd. I had trouble believing that these people were so fervently behind this thing, so I checked out their twitter accounts. What I discovered is that they were all fake accounts spouting alt right propaganda.[/quote]

When studios have an edgy show, they sometimes do deliberately court controversy to promote it and using sockpuppets to push things can be part of their online promoting. It’s not political, it’s profiteering. Still, I don’t think they’re all fake accounts, some look like legitimate stupid people:

https://twitter.com/TrumpPence_86/status/829459594166534144

First, Anonymous isn’t really a thing to pigeonhole in a left/right or liberal/conservative category, they’re… oddballs.

Second, while it’s good to think critically about possible biases and whether a presented story’s source is unreliable, that’s a context one uses to analyze, you don’t just stop there (unless the source has a known history of lying). If it looks sketchy, and you think that this is faked, then look at the data presented and point to the holes in the story. I looked at it only casually, but it looks legit enough. What specific details are presented that are a problem?

4 Likes

I obviously have committed something like a non sequitur with my reply to this. I was just immediately reminded of how easy it is in general to pretend on the internet, and it was not really a comment about Anonymous in general, or the veracity of this particular article.

Those twitter accounts are most certainly fake. I’ve been on twitter for years and have encountered a lot of them. They seem legit at a glance.

Are we sure that they’re not discussing members of the police (the killer, not the killed).

1 Like

I’m guessing that super honed cognitive abilities are not often among the skill set possessed by pointy hoods. Yeah, I’m sure there are a few clever racist a-holes out there, but I’m guessing “not being particularly sharp” is probably a common factor among the KKK set.

6 Likes

You justify those that died by wearing the badge, they’re the chosen whites

I still prefer asking AYAW.

4 Likes

Naw, that’s just locker room talk. My president taught me about that one.

1 Like