Another Boba Fett trailer has dropped

Correct. There was some fakeout stuff early in the second season of the Mandalorian about him and then he actually showed up and there’s clearly some sort of involved backstory that isn’t explained at all, just contextual hints. Possibly his miraculous survival is explained in this new show, possibly they don’t bother. I’m compelled to watch just to see where it’s going at this point.

3 Likes

I always liked the character.
And I think the new trailer looks interesting.

No, no, no, please just make it stop

It’s made of fans’ tears.

6 Likes

I’m assuming that the “dear heaven I can’t believe Jar Jar is a thing!” tears have very distinct qualities that are separate from “why’d they go and make a lady the lead character and turn one of the storm troopers Black?!” vintage.

4 Likes

yeah pretty much.

It takes place in the recent aftermath of the OT. Doesn’t really do a “what happened next” thing. But has some connections to the recent cartoons, and references some of the post Disney books (apparently). Which are substantially speaking, the “canon” as it now stands. The films, the Lucas produced animated series, and anything produced under Disney.

So It’s primarily stand alone. I’m not overly familiar with anything it’s tied to outside of Rebels and I was fine. From what I gather this the first Disney continuity Boba Fett survived thing, though there were apparently hints in books and comics. And the cancelled Boba Fett film was rumored to be going that way.

They seem rather back door pilot heavy though. Fett’s appearance was followed immediately by the announcement of this series. There’s apparently going to be an Ahsoka Tano series that directly follows on from her cameo in the Mandalorian, following up some stuff from Rebels. And they had greenlit that Republic Rangers thing for Gina Carano before she jack assed herself out of a career.

So it may get complicated in the next few years.

The show is quite good.

It’s a little rough in spots, I’m not over joyed by the plot ties to the toons. But they’ve been handled increasingly well, and less “hey that guy” as the series progresses. Same deal any fan service, the first season has some really bald stuff going on. And some shit that just doesn’t fit. The second season smooths it out a lot.

It’s all kind of understandable. It’s Jon Favreau, who’s not really done this sort of TV work before. And Dave Filoni who’s only worked in kid’s animation for the bulk of his career. And they are making the first ever Star Wars live action show, in a truly wild first ever Unreal Engine powered sound stage.

Overall it’s just a lot of fun, and has gotten more fun as it’s gone along.

It’s also not long. Many of the shorter episodes are under 30 minutes, the longest are like 45. And seasons are only 8 episodes. So whole thing could be gotten through in a lazy afternoon or two.

5 Likes

Bobba Fett’s New Pants: A Star Wars Musical.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.