Boba Fett bottle opener

[Read the post]

Was hoping to see a tiny action figure with a working rocket pack that you attach to the cap, then activate the rocket so that it pulls the cap off your bottle (also doubles for loose teeth)ā€¦but this is pretty cool too*

wanted to add a frowney face, but the frown looks horrified, rather than sadā€¦is this already a meta topic?

1 Like

No moreā€¦ no moreā€¦ already spent too much - just on Fett stuff - with the new release. I didnā€™t find everything I know is out there, and the there are 4 neat items I saw but passed on due to costā€¦

2 Likes

Meh. This just looks like a cheap copy of the Jango Fett version.

5 Likes

I still donā€™t get why everybody loves Fett so much. His only accomplishment in the Star Wars films was to follow Han Solo & friends until he could rat out their location to the Empire.

Know who else did that? THIS guy:

The difference between the two is that Anteater-face managed to live long enough to enjoy the reward money instead of getting knocked into the Sarlaac-pit like a doofus.

:angry:

Yeah. The Galaxy renowned and feared bounty hunter is just all hype. Is that what youā€™re saying? He was the only one who figured out where Solo went and tracked him. He would have murdered the Wookie had Vader let him. One critical fail roll in your whole career doesnā€™t take away from all your other accomplishments - which we didnā€™t see in the films.

1 Like

Well whoop-de-doo, he obviously just noticed the Falcon ā€œhidingā€ in plain sight on the side of the Star Destroyer when he flew in for that little bounty hunter conference with Vader, then kept the info to himself so he could look like a genius tracker afterward.

Thatā€™s my pointā€”he had zero impressive accomplishments in the films. But he still became a hugely popular character for some reason, and only THEN got an impressive backstory. For all we know the stormtrooper who agreed ā€œthese arenā€™t the droids weā€™re looking forā€ saved an Imperial orphanage from a Bantha stampede the previous day, but heā€™ll always be known as the weak-minded dumbass because thatā€™s the scene which made it into the film.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œBrainspore, post:7, topic:65253, full:trueā€]
Well whoop-de-doo, he obviously just noticed the Falcon ā€œhidingā€ in plain sight on the side of the Star Destroyer when he flew in for that little bounty hunter conference with Vader, then kept the info to himself so he could look like a genius tracker afterward.[/quote]

More likely he had heard of someone else pulling it off in the past.

He had a bitching costume for one. And he had an air of mystery. Personally, I am enamored with all the Bounty Hunters that were on the Executioner. Awesome character design every one and all of them were ripe for adventures in young minds.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll give you that. He may have been a sucky bounty hunter, but he did make a nice action figure.

Nefarious? I always thought Boba Fett was sort of a semi-tragic figureā€¦or at least he could be, if he had any dialogueā€¦

His whole origin is compelling, but before we even know about it, he gets tossed into the Sarlaccā€¦Boba Fett, we hardly knew you.

Talk about a pointless story arcā€¦not even enough backstory, to warrant an action figure, if you ask meā€¦

Cool helmet + Jet Pack. People are more shallow and easier to understand then you thinkā€¦ :slight_smile:

(plus the original toy LOOKED like the jet pack could shoot out a red plastic missile, it couldnā€™t, but we pretended it did.)

1 Like

Well thatā€™s a no-brainer. Everybody got an action figure.

I am pretty sure the scarcity of the original boba fett figure, which I suspect was due to his obscurity, helped drive his rise to fame and further inclusion.

His was the first action figure from the Empire Strike Back line. ETA - actually a ā€œpreviewā€ figure, out before the film which is why his colors matched early promo photos, not what was in the film.

He had an appearance in the Star Wars Holiday special (the only redeeming thing in that show).

As far as toys go - kids love aliens and monsters - which is why they made several of the aliens from the cantina scene even though they were on screen for a few seconds.

Sure, it seems great, but right when you need it, it falls into the garbage disposal.

6 Likes

Only one of them rode in Slave-1 though. Canā€™t speak for anyone else, but it was that particular shipā€“my favorite in all the films for some reason even though it never did much but take off and landā€“that made me a love Boba Fett so much.

I like IG-88. Heā€™s got parts from like 12 different planes soldered together, and his head is jet engine burner can.

ā€˜This guyā€™?

Thatā€™s Garindan - the greatest spy in Mos Eisley spaceport!

Boba Fett was from Leicestershire. That was cool. Then they turned him into some guy from a New Zealand soap opera.

Edit. Bloody back stories. Even the guy who found a washer has one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.