Another fact-challenged week in the latest tabloids

Onwards and downwards . . .

Well put, indeed.

1 Like

FWIW, a few years ago I wrote the editor at the Weekly World News to ask if I could use that image of Batboy for a blog post on a university’s blog I maintained a while back. The editor (can’t recall the name) got back quickly and nicely assented, asking only for attribution and a link to the piece. My boss shot down the post for unrelated reasons…but I definitely got a thrill from getting a WWN response, tepid or not.

That, and I ran into Biz Markie at an airport in Phoenix once, so basically Life Goals Achieved.

4 Likes

1 Like

Of the many songs I love to sing off-key, his work is far and above the most enjoyable to belt out two states away from the right key. GIRL! YOU GOT WHAT AH NEEEEEEEED…

And now the neighbors are banging on the wall.

AND YOU SAY HE’S JUST A FRIEND…AND YOU SAY HE’S JUST A FRIEND…(wait for it) OOOOOHHHH BBBAAABY YOOOOOOOUUUUU…

2 Likes

I think the author is conflating those checkout-aisle magaziness with tabloids because their contents are similar enough that it’d be beside the point to draw distinctions between glossy paper and newsprint, or stapled vs. loose-bound.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.