Another fash bites the dust!

Uh, no. That’s definitely not how that tends to pan out. This is:

index

… again, no. None of these regimes just “transitioned” and went democratic on their own volition, but people had to persistently fight for the change. Even if you look at a relatively peaceful example, like the Portuguese revolution of the 70ies, that did not come along without massive public dissent.

If that is meant to show how today’s Antifa groups share some sort of authoritarian lineage…

oh wait, it is… but it doesn’t stick. Indeed the 1930ies Antifa was run by the German communist party, which subordinated itself to Moscow - but even that was intended as an umbrella organization open to others. And it completely glosses over the 1970ies, 80ies ff., where “Antifa” was completely reinvented, under an explicitly anti-authoritarian label, that took nothing from the 1930ies except a xeroxed logo and the claim of continuity of an anti fascist tradition.

10 Likes

Seriously: fuck this noise and please go and have some 1979 Church rock sewage for breakfast.
Did I mention factoring in social and environmental costs? I think I did. Want nuclear power? Factor in the insurance for the next couple of millenia, will you?

Others like @LDoBe already succinctly replied to your confusion of liberal philosophy and (neo)liberal politics. And if you again want to come up with the insinuations that the 1930s USPD and KP are responsible for the rise of the Nazis then get your facts straight. I’ve got relatives who were Nazis in the 1940s, who later were in Soviet war prisoner camps, some who lived in the SBZ and escaped (several times!) to the BRD (FRG) with other parts of the family who stayed behind and had to live in the DDR (GDR) for the rest of their lives or, respectively, until the German reunification. Some even weren’t Nazis but opposed them, at least allegedly.
I know the narratives inside out, so do not try reinterpreting history so it fits your narrative.

To put it in a way in which you should have no room to interpretation: get the fuck of off my lawn.

If you are trying to wind up people, you obviously succeeded, but in a wrong way.

Last not least, as others also stated: it’s not 1930s anymore, the KP isn’t fighting the SA with eye-for-an-eye violence in Portland. What happens in the US has nothing to do with 1930s antifa.

14 Likes

For further reference, eyewitness reports from a fellow Happy Mutant from Portland:

11 Likes

20 Likes

https://thenib.com/how-to-tell-if-someone-is-a-nazi Gotta give the credit

8 Likes

Oh wow, that purple dude, what a bastion of centrim.

3 Likes
5 Likes

It’s like MLS has never studied history or even understands the definition of fascism.

Pride flag = human rights (as it should be)
Iron Front = political (?!?)

Sure, if you think standing against fascism isn’t a human rights issue.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.